Shall I sell my HD580 or HD595?
Jun 29, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bgstern /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... My musical preferences are mostly rock (ie Rush), progressive (ie Floyd) and electronica (ie Erasure - don't laugh)

"One of these things is not like the other ones, not like the other ones..."
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #19 of 26
The normal price would be about $140-$160. However, it's possible to find them for $100 or less if you're really patient, but it probably wouldn't be on head-fi and would probably be in worse condition than one you would buy from a head-fier.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by darlim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replacing the cups will help to position the distance of your ears correctly as old pads tends to "sink" and slack... tending to move the driver nearer the ears..

Thanks. I just looked up the price of the replacement pads. Wow, they're a little more expensive than I imagined they'd be ($59 USD at Headroom). Probably I'll just bite the bullet and do this (once-a-decade service?) Everyone seems to like the HD600 grills as well. In your opinion does this make any difference in SQ or is it just mostly aesthetics?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are free on July 29, please join the Seattle meet. Many of head-fier around this area have HD580, 600 and 650.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's a MEET in SEATTLE? Very exciting, I had no idea! I will PM you for further details.

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #21 of 26
Aren't the pads only about $40 bucks a pair from Sennheiser? You can get them off their website, but it may take a while to come. The first HD650 cable I bought from them took three weeks to arrive at my door. The HD600 grills only took like a week and a half. Also, you have to call Sennheiser to buy the grills since they don't list them on their website.

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't the pads only about $40 bucks a pair from Sennheiser? You can get them off their website, but it may take a while to come. The first HD650 cable I bought from them took three weeks to arrive at my door. The HD600 grills only took like a week and a half. Also, you have to call Sennheiser to buy the grills since they don't list them on their website.

When I bought my stock 650 cables for my 580, I recall the Sennheiser website showing a large list of parts I could select from. However I go there now and haven't been able to find any parts section. I assumed I was just being dense but it sounds like they don't do that anymore? I guess I will be calling them, and if I'm lucky the parts will be less expensive. We'll see. When I do it I'll post their stock number and current prices for anyone interested.

Jun 30, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #23 of 26
The selection is still there. You just have to click on the link on the right side that says "Sennheiser Store." It'll take you to the same ole Sennheiser website with a link to the parts listing. You'll still have to order the grills over the phone though since Sennheiser never stocked them online.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #24 of 26
I think your decision to keep HD580 was great. I have owned all HD580, Jubilee, HD600 and HD650 and think HD580 has great value for their price.

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #25 of 26
I had the HD580's (with 650 cable and 600 grills) and HD595's also. I used them both with a Headamp AE2. I had no intentions of upgrading to a better amp and preferred the 595's with that amp so I sold the 580's. I have never regretted it.

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The selection is still there. You just have to click on the link on the right side that says "Sennheiser Store." It'll take you to the same ole Sennheiser website with a link to the parts listing. You'll still have to order the grills over the phone though since Sennheiser never stocked them online.

Just wanted to quickly follow up on this. Maybe it'll help someone else from getting confused...

It appears (at least in the US) that the Sennheiser Store is available at sennheiserusa.com, not sennheiser.com. That's why I was confused. But now I can find all the parts I need! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back