Shadow Impressions
Nov 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #76 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, you've just confirmed the very same things I've been hearing... It's good stuff, and I too hear a marked improvement over the Mustang (and my Shadow's not even totally burned in yet).

Hey, your Mustang was the first decent amp I ever listened to. Thanks for the loan
ksc75smile.gif

It sounded really nice with my Touch and LOD, but I remember you saying it didn't improve too much with the X HP out. But the Shadow does? If this is indeedypoo true, then I need to put this thread on my ignore list...................

.............. hey! there isn't one
angry_face.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #77 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, your Mustang was the first decent amp I ever listened to. Thanks for the loan
ksc75smile.gif

It sounded really nice with my Touch and LOD, but I remember you saying it didn't improve too much with the X HP out. But the Shadow does? If this is indeedypoo true, then I need to put this thread on my ignore list...................

.............. hey! there isn't one
angry_face.gif

You're most welcome for the loan of the Mustang!

Ha ha ha, nope, you can't ignore the Shadow! I do indeed hear a bigger gain from the HP out on the X with it over the Mustang. It must be that fixed gain Ray chose for it. Or something to do with the circuitry. I dunno. Whatever it is, I do hear wider soundstage, better air and separation, as well as more deeply extended bass. I noticed some of that with the Mustang, which was nice, but to my ears the Shadow takes it all to another level. It's just overall more immersive. That's the best way I can describe it.

Edit- Talk about some synergy..... Cowon S9/Mogami Ultrasone HFI-780/Shadow. The Shadow helps liven up the rather laid back recabled 780's.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #79 of 223
Arrived yesterday!! I also like other people had a heart bump when i opened the box because i didn't espect it was so small (and refined to be so small) and i don't locate it immediatly.
I had very good impression but i'll wait to finish burn-in to say more.
Now i'm using it with Shure Se530 and i'm waiting for UM Mage soon.

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #80 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very impressive for the nice little amp !
What should I do? I've already bought the Mustang and the "Shadow" just came out
confused_face_2.gif

Sell me your Mustang of course.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #81 of 223
I'm at around 80 hrs of burn in and I have to say, "GOD BLESS AMERICA" it sound good. There's somewhere in the Mid to high that needs to tighten up just little more but other than that, bass tightened up with punch, vocals sound crystal. Sound stage opened up nicely.

Outstanding product Ray in a great size!

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #83 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by haycheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do anyone know what kind of USB cable I should get for charging the battery?

mini usb to usb.
Like the one that charges PS3 Controller

I believe the stock charger charges quicker, might want to just stick to it if you dont already have a usb cable.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #85 of 223
Serial # S0038, passing 160 hours:

it keeps getting better, even after 100 hours, folks!

- low freq = noticeably more articulate, maybe a tad deeper, than at 100 hrs.
- mids = slightly better, than at 100 hrs.
- high freq = a bit more air, than at 100 hours

(reminds me of Mustang - didn't completely mature in SQ until ~400 hours or so, iirc)

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #89 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about if you love how it sounds at Hour 57 and don't want it to change at all after that? Is there a way to stop the burn-in?

Sure..

Turn it off, and leave it off!

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back