SF Bay Area - Where to go?
Jul 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 22
I think you can hear the 650s at AudiovisionSF - Pine and Van Ness. A pretty impressive shop all the way around. I'm not sure where you can hear the AKGs in town, though.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 22
Not to hijack your thread, but are there any solid audio shops in the South Bay area also? I can't find any to demo headphones...

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtoreality15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to hijack your thread, but are there any solid audio shops in the South Bay area also? I can't find any to demo headphones...

Audible Arts has Grado's on demo.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 22
I'm in cupertino... couldn't find anything halfway decent so i just bought what i was looking at... hopefully they're good
tongue.gif

I responded to a craigslist ad about grados and there's a store in san jose that's clearing out last years models for really low prices, (i don't know if i'm allowed to post them here). their phone number is on their website.

Sounds Unique - Main

and that's their website

they might open one and let you demo one, if you ask.

but that's all i could find around southbay... hope that helped.

and i just bought some grados and live in the southbay too....

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 22
Also, House of Music SF on 9th has Sennheisers in the window, but you might want to call about the 650 specifically.

And, Music Lovers audio is another really high end store. They carry grado and sennheiser and have an amazing life-time full credit trade up policy. Reach for the hd800s!

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in Cupertino also, maybe we could gather some local head-fi'ers for a mini-meet.. that way we can try out different gear?

Just a thought.. I'd be in.

I'm also in Cupertino....

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #15 of 22
I haven't seen HD650 or higher phones at AudioVision, House of Music. SF Stereo or Music Lovers in San Francisco. If anything, they are reducing their selection and inventory. Your best bet is the NorCal meet in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back