SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!)
May 1, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #286 of 302
Schiit just sent me a bunch of equipment for our meet! Schiit Asgard 2, a couple of Bifrost USB Ubers, a couple of Fulla's, a Mjolnir, a couple of Wyrds, a few other things... I will also be giving away the ApeSchiit posters on a First Come, First Serve basis but there should be enough to go around. If you have a trolly or something in the loading bay that would be very useful. I might need a power strip or two and a large table for all this equipment. Will try to come earlier to set up.

May 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #287 of 302
  Schiit just sent me a bunch of equipment for our meet! Schiit Asgard 2, a couple of Bifrost USB Ubers, a couple of Fulla's, a Mjolnir, a couple of Wyrds, a few other things... I will also be giving away the ApeSchiit posters on a First Come, First Serve basis but there should be enough to go around. If you have a trolly or something in the loading bay that would be very useful. I might need a power strip or two and a large table for all this equipment. Will try to come earlier to set up.

L3000.gif

May 1, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #289 of 302
I just got a Liquid Crimson if anyone wants me to bring that.

May 1, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #290 of 302
  Cool!  You'll be my new best friend.  Actually, you'll probably have like 45 new best friends.

Ooo, ooo, me too!!! 
L3000.gif

(cuz I never really liked him before...)

May 1, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #291 of 302
So first post has been updated with "some" parking information. I'll try to find out if you can pre-register for parking.

Here's the PARKING MAP again: (Google Streetview this place and you'll have a good view of the area)

Also, here's a TIMELINE TABLE for your viewing convenience: (please click to enlarge)

I'm actually behind on updates now, so will be spending time to gather gears and formulate placement and positioning. Wouldn't want to come in tomorrow morning to ad lib placement of all gears. 
tongue.gif

Anyway, please refer to first post for gears information, which I'll be updating... now!

May 1, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #292 of 302
Bill,

Ethan, Jude and I are sharing rig components. I expect that we'll probably need two tables between the three of us (or the equivalent thereof).

:)

May 1, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #293 of 302
Hey, never been to a meet before, but interested to attend one in the future (seeing as this is full). Do all attendees bring gear for others to see? I don't have much myself but would definitely like to check out stuff and chat with more experienced audiophiles
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #294 of 302
Okay, final gear list:

DACs:
  1. GEEK OUT V2!!!!
  2. Schiit Yggdasil (fully warmed up)
  3. Geek Pulse XFi + LPS4
  4. TransDAC + Ciunas Converter + Schiit Wyrd
  5. Geek Out SE (once CEE TEE arrives)
  6. Geek Out 450

Amps:
  1. Eddie Current Black Widow + optional power supply
  2. Triad L3 Lion 
  3. Leckerton UHA-6S MKII (4627-1B)

Headphones:
  1. JPS Labs Abyss (MarvModded™)
  2. Sennheiser HD800
  3. LFF/Reference Sounds Paradox Slants
  4. Sennheiser HD600
  5. Mr. Speaker's Alpha Prime
  6. AKG K7XX

I'll also have the Cowon PL1, Earwerkz Supra and Aurisonics Rockets.

I think the EC Black Widow is going to blow some of your minds. I've never, ever in my life heard a solid state amp that merged the liquidity of a good tube amp with the control of the best of the best solid state amps. It's a GOOD Eddie Current amp... but at a price that's definitely sweet and with the convenience of solid state. I was NOT expecting to like it, Craig convinced me it was NOT a good fit for me but holy crap, it's ridiculous. CEE TEE will get it after the meet for two weeks as I'll be on vacation, but I suspect I'll be selling a few amps after I get a chance to audition it at home with the Yggdrasil for longer than 2 days.

May 1, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #296 of 302
May 2, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #299 of 302
  Just a reminder that there is Giants game tomorrow @ 1pm! and it's Metallica day.

We should all sneak out, Metallica day at AT&T is fun. Hearing James Hetfield call out the next batter in his best rock announcer voice, having them play the national anthem, and having every player's walkout out music switched to a Metallica song is great. And I don't even like Metallica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back