SF Bay Area Meet in Marin -- Saturday, October 14, 2006
Oct 8, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #61 of 149
Nice Idea ASR, but I think we will be fine for chairs. A couple more tables would be nice, but I can bring a regular square card table also and that can hold some lighter stuff. I am just assuming somebody on the list has a 6' table lying around somewhere.

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #62 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Video directions?! On Google?! That is the tech-nerdiest thing I have ever seen!

I'd guess thats just because I'm (too) white and nerdy
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #63 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Welcome to Head-Fi, detayls, sorry about your wallet!
3000smile.gif

In fact, if you don't have a head-amp, we could set up near each other and run it through one of mine. Just a thought...

What's a head-amp????
confused.gif

David

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #64 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by detayls
What's a head-amp????
confused.gif

David

An amplifier for headphones. Grahame can show you one, or you can wait until next week and see plenty of them.

Cheers!

Oct 9, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #67 of 149
I'm planning to attend but I would prefer to carpool with someone! I live in Sunnyvale and can bring:

K701
K1000
M-cubed
Amp for K1000

Looking forward to the meet, regardless!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #69 of 149
I cant make it
frown.gif
frown.gif

Can someone do me a favor and spend some time A/B'ing the EC-SS with similarly priced ($350-$800) tube amps?

Thanks, and have fun!!
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #70 of 149
Leeav-

Can you tell me the name of your "amp for K1000" please? I am not sure who is coming from the peninsula but if you want to get to SF we can carpool from here and back. Let me know if you're interested and whether you would drive here or take the train.

Neil-

Play nice. The faux-famous drummer has feelings too!
smily_headphones1.gif

Garrett-

I thought I had you in the attending list and now I can't find you anywhere in the thread! Maybe we PM'd about it. Really sorry you are not able to make it, but I hope things change again and you can. I will certainly give you some thoughts on the EC-SS and will encourage others to do so.

Oct 9, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #71 of 149
Neil's just upset because his actual moniker mimics that of Mr. Peart and even with a nice DW kit at home he's owned by Coldplay's drummer...

wink.gif
jk Neil you really are a terrific percussionist - you managed to learn the Sambalaya beat quicker than any other drummer I know. We're so NOT whiteys. Looks like we'll have a mini-meet at your casa first (uhh should I bring the "stuff" this time so your friend will stop asking for it every 6 seconds)?

Al,
The amp is a Kenwood VRS-7100 digital amplifier/receiver. I'll probaly lug the Panasonic DVD-S47 for its unmolested, full-bandwidth DVD-Audio digital out capabilities.

Oct 9, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #72 of 149
Just to let you know, I've started this thread Any SF Bay Area Transporter Owners ... over on the slim devices forums, to see if there are any Transporter owners interested in attending the meet. Some of them may not have previously been aware of Head-Fi, so lets all make them feel welcome. It would be great to have a Transporter (and its proud owner
smily_headphones1.gif
) ( or better yet, several
smily_headphones1.gif
) at the meet.

Oct 9, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #73 of 149
I have tried to clean up and alphabetize the gear lists and besides the obvious fact that we have an amazing list of gear I also found some interesting things missing:

As far as headphones go, we have only 2 ATH cans--neither are woodies, only 1 Beyer, and 0 Ultrasone, 0 UE, 0 Etymotic. I know the IEMs are tricky anyway, but it is still odd. If you have any of the missing cans you can share, then let me know and bring them along.

As far as amps go, we have a dearth of Headroom, Ray Samuels Audio, Woo Audio, and other prominent amp makers, and only one M-Cubed but none of the other "open-source" amps like PPAs, mini M-cubed, and the like. I have decided to add in my Headroom Desktop setup, and if anybody has a Raptor or Stealth, or a Woo 2 or 3, or a PPA, etc, that people can check out, please add the to the mix.

Oct 10, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #74 of 149
I can borrow my wife's ety ER-4P/S for the day. I can also bring my Grado SR-60. I also have a pair of ue10's but I don't think anyone would get a good fit. I can bring it if people just want to see what they look like in person.

I'm still debating whether or not to bring my Audio Mirror DAC2 and a portable cd player.

Oct 10, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #75 of 149
Al,
I forgot that Alex (ayt999) let me borrow 2 AT woodies: W11JPN and W11R

I can bring those as well as longs as folks are SUPER careful with them, as they are NOT MINE! The W11JPN is rare and the W11R is UBER-SCARCE. Both are my favorite ATs (save for the L3000) and I think fans of AT cans will enjoy them; they are a departure from the W2002/W5000 flavor and tilt toward the more euphonic L3000 signature. I also have a K271 w/velour earpads but it seems there's already one available so I'll leave her at home.

I'm interested in hearing the new DT 880 again and comparing the SA5000 and AD2000 more thoroughly.
smily_headphones1.gif
Also jamming with Grahame might be fun so long as Neil doesn't try to sing!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back