Several Panel Components Wiring Questions
Jul 25, 2006 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

peterpan188

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I am at the stage of making amps and a crossfeed filter from tangent. I got kind of confused with some of the wirings. So I am here to seek for helps.

1) How do I hook up a DPDT toggle switch as a source selector? I got a on-on type and it got 6pins, how should I hook it up? I get confused because there are 3 wires comming out from each set of input (L,R,GND), and that fills all the pins on the switch already, am I missing something?

2) I got a crossfeed filter from tangent, and I also got a 4P3T rotatory switch. Now I actually realize that I need 2 to implement all the switch, so I will get one more. But how should I hook it up? It got 4 inner lugs, labeled at A,B,C and D, and it got 12 outer lugs from 1 to 12. How should this work?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Jul 25, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 3
1) Not sure if a single 2P2T switch will do the job here as you might want to wire up the ground as well. If you go with just the 2P2T switch, the middle 2 pins are the common pins that go to the amp and the other 2 sets go to either source. Input grounds would be tied together and just send to the amp.

2) You only need 1 4P3T switch to implement it. Wiring is kinda tricky, so read tangent's guide carefuly..

Jul 25, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by peterpan188
2) I got a crossfeed filter from tangent, and I also got a 4P3T rotatory switch. Now I actually realize that I need 2 to implement all the switch, so I will get one more. But how should I hook it up? It got 4 inner lugs, labeled at A,B,C and D, and it got 12 outer lugs from 1 to 12. How should this work?

Each of the 4 inner lugs connects to one of a group of 4 of the outer lugs... in other words, you're switching four separate circuits, among 3 different paths. It's helpful to check this out with a continuity checker... in any position, you should get continuity between an inner lug and one outer lug. Move the switch one position, and you'll get continuity to a different set of outer lugs. It might help to draw yourself a diagram as you go.

Two of the inner lugs connect to your source, and the other two to your output. If you place the switch in the position that will activate the crossfeed, the set of outer lugs that's connected to the input lugs goes to the crossfeed's input. Its output goes to the set of outer lugs that's connected to your output lugs. You can wire a bypass position by simply connecting the appropriate sets of outer lugs together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back