Setup for a beginner. Suggestions
Apr 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

riotjulius

New Head-Fier
Hello to everybody, i'm new in this forum and a novice in the audiophile world. My name is Giulio, and I'm writing from Italy.
Well, I'm searching for a good combo of headphones and ampli (or ampli dac). Being a novice I started reading many and many articles in this forum and got my idea about which are the most suitable possibilities for me. But a bit of confusion is still remaining. I will use them only at home, when relaxed and doing only this. So I won't use them for professional use, but I want to be introduced in the audiophile world with quality products and so making a good investment. I haven't got a favourite genre but I listen most to alternative rock and a lot of electronic even hip hop. I know it's a wide horizon and so maybe what I need is a versatile product. My budget is around 400$ (300 euros). Any suggestions?

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 12
and if I should choose between the akg 272 hd and the dt770 what will you suggest? because i'm checking everywhere but the lower price i'm finding for the denon's is about 360  euros around 500 $

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #10 of 12
I would take the Ultrasone HFI-580 over the DT770. Keep in mind they are both fairly bass-heavy 'phones. For a less colored sound consider the Shure SRH940.

Apr 9, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Denon AH-D2000 + Fiio E10 will be great for your needs, good for all genres and have a nice bass for hip hop/electronic music.

another +1 from me. sounds like an excellent setup. 
Or you could always pick up IEMs like the sennheiser IE8s which are also great with any genre and require no amping at all :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back