Setup advice for K712
Jan 3, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 19
Still doesn't seem to show the auction. I'm guessing it might just be something regional ? Or maybe if he set his auction only in U.S. it won't show me the listing since I'm in EU, otherwise I have no idea why I can't find it !

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #17 of 19
Yes,
I just checked. It's us only. That's to bad because that is a steal for that amp. I've driven many planar headphones with mine and they sound fantastic. Regarding the T1. That's why I hadn't bought it sooner was because of the sibilance issue. Then when v2 came out & the price dropped I thought I'd give it a shot. For 700.00 they are very good. I just bought a pair of dt880's yesterday, I've read nothing but good things about those lately. I hope you can find something that interests you. I'll tell you another cheap alternative in an indeed tube amp. Those are great little amps and very reasonably priced. That was my first tube amp. Their on eBay, guys name is Peter and he's a great guy to deal with. Think I paid 119.00 for the amp.

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #18 of 19
Agreed, at that price it definitely was !
That looks pretty interesting, reminds me of the one from Bravo. So from what I can make of the picture, is it called Indeed ? I'm gonna look it up on ebay, though I'm afraid Paypal might just troll me again and cease any attempt of ordering it if it's an U.S. exclusive ! 

Also, thanks again for the tips! After looking into quite a lot of them, I might just order the K712 and check it out, if it comes down to the worst scenario, gonna return them. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #19 of 19
I've heard from a few people they gave internal wiring issues with the 812 and have had plenty unhappy customers. I'd already have them if I hadn't heard that. If you can do try the t1 original, I was actually shocked how good and balanced it is. Very sweet headphone.

If anything is brighter/harsher/more sibilant than the K7XX then its intolerable for me. The K7XX is just that touch to much treble for me that I can see it go and not feel upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back