Settle for ipod classic or wait?
Jul 7, 2011 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hookem14

New Head-Fier
I am in need of a portable with greater than 80gb of storage and after looking around it seems the only two viable options are the cowan x7 and ipod classic. I was going to go with the x7 due to Cowan's stellar sound quality but was put off by the size and apparently lackluster screen. This leaves me with the classic as the only choice but I am not too keen to settle for it. My question is does anyone know of any up and coming player on the horizon that will have more space than the 64gb cap (32 internal +32 external) with the latest cowans or should i just settle for the ipod?

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 5
You might as well wait. The iPod hasn't been refreshed for a couple years and I'd guess we'll get a new one for Christmas. My guess is that all iPods will move to iOS and gain a Thunderbolt port.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
You might as well wait. The iPod hasn't been refreshed for a couple years and I'd guess we'll get a new one for Christmas. My guess is that all iPods will move to iOS and gain a Thunderbolt port.

I have some doubts if Apple will continue their hard drive based players. Flash capacity is now at 64gb, which makes those players slightly less feasible to continue.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 5
Wait till September when Apple rolls out their newest offerings.

Anyway i'm really happy with my 2009 iPod Classic. Very good hp out and balistic sound if go the lod route. Nice interface, size, support, aftermarket and connectivity (Car, Speaker docks...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back