Server Work Tonight
Oct 31, 2001 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
There may be some late night image server disruption. It shouldn't last long (a couple of hours if anything at all), and may not happen at all. If it does, expect it to begin around 1:30 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. EST.

Thanks.

-- Jude --

Oct 31, 2001 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 18
UPDATE: I renege on my last message. The images may still go down, but only for a very short time. Fret not, the JudeMan is on the job (why do you all look nervous?
wink.gif
).

Even if the images do go down for a short while, the forum should otherwise work fine.

Oct 31, 2001 at 9:49 PM Post #5 of 18
LOL!

jude, man............no one cares.

very_evil_smiley.gif

(i'm just kidding...............hehehehe)

Oct 31, 2001 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 18
you KNOW I HAD to.........I mean.....four in row? sheesh......

Oct 31, 2001 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 18
Jude...not to worry man, we care[size=xx-small]yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyawn[/size]

Oct 31, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 18
JMT, lol.......!!!

Erm....maybe we should stop; if he took 1K off from my total....that's one thing. But if he took 1K posts from YOUR total, well......YOU WOULDN'T EXIST!!!!
eek.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 11:00 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
you KNOW I HAD to.........I mean.....four in row? sheesh......

coolvij, it was a perfectly good opportunity for me to pad my post count (just kidding!)

The idea was to keep everyone informed so that they didn't think it was falling apart if no images loaded up.

The images are still being served more slowly than usual, but, again, only temporarily.

Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
Jude...not to worry man, we care[size=xx-small]yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyawn[/size]

LOL!

Oct 31, 2001 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 18
LOL! I was gunna say it, but coolvij said it instead! When i opened this thread up i was almost expecting 9 posts by jude
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jude: Hey guys, looks like we're going to have to do some server work.

Jude: hey guys, looks like it's not going to happen.

Jude: sorry, I take that back. It probably will happen, but it'll be short.

Jude: well, looks like it happened. hope no one was upset or interrupted.

Jude: because that would be bad.

Jude: I mean, I want this to be a happy place, so I don't want anyone mad at me, 'kay?

Jude: So we cool?

Jude: awesome! And it looks like the server's fixed, so we shoudl be fine. What a relief, huh?

Jude: after all, servers are important. The world needs good servers.

Jud--oh, you get the point.
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 18
Ah, you make fun now!
tongue.gif

But notice.....the images *did* go down for a period last night (just the images, not the forum), and I didn't receive a single e-mail about it and not even one post about it, because I over-informed. Heheh.

Oi....there's no convincing you smart-alecks.
cool.gif

Oct 31, 2001 at 11:28 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Oi....there's no convincing you smart-alecks.

Neruda and I issue the following statement:

"Agreed."

biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Load times on the forums in general are very slow for me now, for some reason. It was better earlier today.

DanG, this was expected. It will be fixed very soon. Normally, an image server serves up Head-Fi's images, separate from the server that serves up the forum software -- working together, the forum experience is very fast. Right now the image server is inactive, and so the server serving the forum software is also serving the images temporarily -- ergo, the slight lag you're seeing versus how it normally is. I'll try to have this all cleaned up tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back