September 9: Mini-meet at my apartment (Brooklyn, Midwood)
Sep 7, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
you know, my friend has a first gen supermacro. could be interesting to pit it against the newest offerings, but i have to say it might be a bit unfair to the Xin lovers, seeing as how it's so many updates behind.

Doesn't matter to me, I say bring it!
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Doesn't matter to me, I say bring it!
biggrin.gif

i'll ask him for it tonite.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 41
Sorry I won't be able to make it.....

I don't suppose there's any chance we could meet Sunday instead, for a few hours.... somewhere allergy neutral.... like Jahn's health club...

USG

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #19 of 41
ah rats! that defeats the whole purpose of meeting so soon again! i have to admit, sat isn't the best for me either, i'd literally have to jump down there and leave in an hour or two. if romanee can't make it either maybe i'll bow out this time as well and hope for a later date where we can get all the Hornets together?

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

ah rats! that defeats the whole purpose of meeting so soon again! i have to admit, sat isn't the best for me either, i'd literally have to jump down there and leave in an hour or two. if romanee can't make it either maybe i'll bow out this time as well and hope for a later date where we can get all the Hornets together?

How about a few hours Sunday afternoon for the Hornets?

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:50 AM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

you know, my friend has a first gen supermacro. could be interesting to pit it against the newest offerings, but i have to say it might be a bit unfair to the Xin lovers, seeing as how it's so many updates behind.

Don't expect much from the early Supermacro.

What we need is a current Xin amp.

Sep 8, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #23 of 41
Too bad upstateguy can't make it. If you guys think Sunday is better at the Sony public space instead, lemme know...maybe more people would be willing to pop up.

Also, there is public space (tables and chairs) in the winter garden in the World Financial Center.

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #24 of 41
Sorry I won't be able to join you dudes this weekend. Spending quality time with the GF before she jets back to Dallas on Sunday.

Catch y'all on the next go-round.

Sep 8, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy
How about a few hours Sunday afternoon for the Hornets?

You know, I'm likin' gloco's suggestion of the Winter Garden. Does everyone know where that is? It's the big glass atrium next to the North Cove yacht docks at the World Financial Center in Battery Park City. In the atrium are a ton of palm trees, benches, what have you. If you and Romanee can bring your Hornets, I'm sure we can meet for an hour or two on sunday just to put a definitive stamp on the thing, and eveyone is welcome of course. I won't be able to escape for long seeing as how my mother in law's in town, but i bet between lunch and dinner i can run away. 2pm at the winter garden?

Sep 8, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

You know, I'm likin' gloco's suggestion of the Winter Garden. Does everyone know where that is? It's the big glass atrium next to the North Cove yacht docks at the World Financial Center in Battery Park City. In the atrium are a ton of palm trees, benches, what have you. If you and Romanee can bring your Hornets, I'm sure we can meet for an hour or two on sunday just to put a definitive stamp on the thing, and eveyone is welcome of course. I won't be able to escape for long seeing as how my mother in law's in town, but i bet between lunch and dinner i can run away. 2pm at the winter garden?

I'll see if I can swing by. I imagine my gf might want to do something on Sunday.

ps. The benches were moved around from the palm trees...their doing something (sewing some big white mat on the floor...for yoga or something. But I still saw the tables yesterday.

We're still on for Saturday by the way...11am to 3pm.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 41
I just called the wife and she said "hello, my MOM is in town. forget it!" So uh, I guess no Winter Garden either. Man, when can I get my ME time!
frown.gif
Anyhow, have fun on Sat guys, and we'll see when we can get more advanced notice to round everyone up for the Hornet shootout at least.

Sep 8, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

I just called the wife and she said "hello, my MOM is in town. forget it!" So uh, I guess no Winter Garden either. Man, when can I get my ME time!
frown.gif
Anyhow, have fun on Sat guys, and we'll see when we can get more advanced notice to round everyone up for the Hornet shootout at least.

Gonna miss you dude. We should definitely do something again in the near future.

Sep 8, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #29 of 41
Ok so who is still up for Saturday?

Sep 8, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Ok so who is still up for Saturday?

Me, you, Oski and jjcha.

Do you guys think we should go on with it or cancel until the following week and meet in a public place?

I'm starting to steer towards cancelling it, I get the feeling we simply wont have enough gear on hand.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back