September 9: Mini-meet at my apartment (Brooklyn, Midwood)
Sep 8, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #31 of 41
MEETING IS CANCELLED!

Sep 8, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #32 of 41
That's too bad. Thanks for organizing and graciously offering your apartment George. Let's try again some other time.

I won't be able to do it the weekend of the 23rd (wedding). I'm having a wisdom tooth removed on the 29th, so that may not be a good weekend for me either.

Sep 9, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 41
Micro meets aren't too bad and even if you don't have much gear, it might still be ok as people spend more time on less equipment.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #34 of 41
i'm so sorry gloco, i only got your PM just now as i have not been online at all this week. i wouldn't have been able to attend anyway as i've been super-busy. this weekend would be cool though.
cool.gif

Sep 10, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #35 of 41
I just moved to NY, and I would love to go to a meet or mini-meet at some point in the future. I am still waiting for the moving van, but it should not take too long. My new apartment is in Williamsburg.

Those who remember me from when I posted regularly know that I have some fairly good equipment. On the headphone end I have HP-2's, AKG-1000s, HD600's, and a Maestrobator that Carlo made for me. I have other good equipment, but it is all pretty heavy and I am a third floor walkup, so I don't think I will be lugging the premier 140 anywhere for example.

I would love to hear some Omega II's with a KGSS if anyone has one in the area. Barring that, do you know any dealers in NYC that stock stax? Well, anyway, just thought I would pop in and say that I was in the area if anyone remembers me.

Sep 10, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #36 of 41
hello there! Bozebuttons has that combo and the fall meet is probably the next time that combo will pop up in NYC. Unfortunately, I don't know of any dealers here in NYC that stock the current STAX lineup. But with Bozebuttons around, that's hardly needed
cool.gif
See you in Long Island!

Sep 11, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartr
I just moved to NY, and I would love to go to a meet or mini-meet at some point in the future. I am still waiting for the moving van, but it should not take too long. My new apartment is in Williamsburg.

Those who remember me from when I posted regularly know that I have some fairly good equipment. On the headphone end I have HP-2's, AKG-1000s, HD600's, and a Maestrobator that Carlo made for me. I have other good equipment, but it is all pretty heavy and I am a third floor walkup, so I don't think I will be lugging the premier 140 anywhere for example.

I would love to hear some Omega II's with a KGSS if anyone has one in the area. Barring that, do you know any dealers in NYC that stock stax? Well, anyway, just thought I would pop in and say that I was in the area if anyone remembers me.

Welcome to NY,
I no longer own the KGSS .Dannyandelyse now owns it,he also has the Omegas but he is comming to the NOV meet so contact him to bring it.

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #38 of 41
Great, thanks guys. It's good to be back East. I am originally from Fairfield county, but I have spent the last five years living all over the place (Vladivostok, Santa Barbara, Sapporo Japan, Reykjavik Iceland). I am excited to be in the city though.

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #39 of 41
Hey Stuart - welcome back and to NYC! Looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

Sep 11, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong
i'm so sorry gloco, i only got your PM just now as i have not been online at all this week. i wouldn't have been able to attend anyway as i've been super-busy. this weekend would be cool though.
cool.gif

It's ok. Hopefully we can do something soon, I had a blast at the portables meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back