Seoul Korea meet
Aug 1, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 15
God damnit you guys, I'll most prolly be there after uni finishes - near december. By that time, you guys'll prolly be back in your homes... Having a nice cup of coffee : (. Or for those that live in Korea, you'll probably be in Coffee bean.
or Starbucks
or Zoo Coffee
or Angel In Us
or Caffe bene
or Tom n Toms
or Dunkin Donuts
or Krispy Kreme
or Caffe Ti- amo
or The coffee bean
Whichever is your cup of tea.
or cup of coffee in this case

Ahh... I miss Korea : (

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
Nope I'll be here for a whole year ^^. So don't worry. Have you ever been to the earphone shop in 혜화( hye hwa?)

Unfortunately no - in fact I haven't even heard of the place. Is it in Seoul? - I'm a Seoul kind of guy

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 15
http://www.earphoneshop.co.kr/. 
 You can test out a few headphones like the Hd800's beyerdynamic 880 250 ohm edition. But they don't carry squat for amps. They have the HDP udac amp but I think it was pure garbage. No difference plugged in from a laptop. bring your own, or I can bring my audinst HUD-MX1. Also they choose K pop songs for you to sample. Not the best type of music to test out 1300+ headphones.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 15
Is that place different that the headphones stores in Yongsan?

I found two there (and it took hours) and they had some nice IEM's and some upper end cans like the HD800 just sitting out there for demos.

I'd be down to pop by that place next time I'm in Seoul...

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 15
You got it man. Directions are fairly easy. I would recommend bringing and amp / dac there.Also if your going to test in-ear phones they provide silicone insertions free of charge. I'm not sure if you like hookah, but the best hookah I've had in Korea is there too in a restaurant called shiraz. PM if you need help getting to the place.

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
You got it man. Directions are fairly easy. I would recommend bringing and amp / dac there.Also if your going to test in-ear phones they provide silicone insertions free of charge. I'm not sure if you like hookah, but the best hookah I've had in Korea is there too in a restaurant called shiraz. PM if you need help getting to the place.

Wait huh...?

How did the discussion go from headphone stores to hookahs?...
confused.gif

also, are you saying that the http://www.earphoneshop.co.kr/ has 1300+ headphones to try on site? :O

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 15
I tend to find that non koreans like that stuff. Sorry for the randomness. As far as high end head phonrs over a 1000 your stuck with the T1 and the hd800.Again bring your own source since kpop is not the best quality(recording wise :wink:) to test out 1000+headphones with.

I would setup a meetup but sadly i live about two hours from seoul in a small farm area.But I do have an audinst hmx-mx1 plus a hifiman he300 that people can try out if one is set up. Ive checked the korean website headphoneclub.net but havent read any thing about meetups.Also the naver cafes but then again my Korean isnt that great so I could have read it wrong.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #11 of 15
I've split the posts into a new thread as you bumped a thread from 2003 and people might become confused. Funnily enough, the original thread mentions Lobstersan who lives near me in Fukuoka (Japan) and we are just across the water from Korea. If you ended up organising a proper meet I might be able to fly across for a day or two for it.

However, if you're in Korea, consider flying to Tokyo for the Fujiya Avic show at the end of October as we're conspiring to have a meet then as well.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #12 of 15
Well bad news guys... there was a meetup on the 30th of July by forum memebers from golden ears http://goldenears.net/board/GE_Announcements. I try and email them to see when the next one is being held. But click the link if you want to know whatever announcements. If you've been here for more than 6 months, I'm sure you can read dates in Korea. If anything I'll post something here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back