Sent in my TripleFi 10 for replacement. Logitech/UE support botched the return mailing label three times and now UPS lost them... what to do?
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oregon

100+ Head-Fier
asdf[size=11pt]I bought a set of Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 during the Amazon sale. I really like the sound but soon noticed buzzing/clicking in one earpiece. It only happened at certain frequencies so I suspected it was due to driver crossover issues. I contacted support about this and they instructed me to send it in. I was busy with finals, and ended up moving to a new place (I’m a college student), but I sent it in eventually ~a month later. Before doing so I informed them of my change of address and wanted to make sure the replacements would be sent to my new address. They told me they would send a new shipping label with my new address on it. A day later I get an email with an a label attached. But it’s the same one. I emailed them back telling them this. They apologize and say they’ll send out a new, corrected one. Two days later I get an email from UPS, but guess what? Same exact label. I tell them again that the label has the wrong address on it and finally they send out an updated one. I felt bad doing this, as I wasn’t sure whether they paid UPS for four separate labels, and I offered to use one of the old labels as long as they were sure to send to my new address. They said it wasn’t a problem, though, and were insistent on sending a corrected label. [/size]

[size=11pt]Anyways, once I get the corrected label, I send it off, and a couple days later (March 4) I get an email saying they’ve received the replacement, and that I will be emailed when the  replacement is sent out in the next few days. I eagerly awaited this email, but it didn’t come. I got antsy, as I was going to be gone for a week (spring break) near the end of March, so I scoured my spam box. It wasn’t there. Eventually I concluded they must have forgotten about my replacement so I emailed asking about it. This was after I got back from spring break (March 28). They responded saying “actually the replacement was already delivered to you by UPS. Here is the Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”. [/size]

[size=11pt]I check the UPS tracking history and it says it was left on my front door step on March 14. [/size]

[size=11pt]I really don’t know what to think. On the one hand, the UPS history says it was delivered. But I was at my residence up until March 21st, eagerly awaiting the package the whole time,  and never saw it. I’ve since looked all over but it is clearly not here. I’ve talked to my roommate and he hasn’t seen it either. I guess it’s possible someone stole the package off my doorstep, but I don’t think it’s likely. I’ve had 10-20 other packages sent here and gotten all of them.[/size]

[size=11pt]Considering Logitech informed me that I would be emailed upon shipment of the replacement (and I wasn’t) I’m wondering if they sent anything at all. And if not that, I’m guessing the UPS driver reported it as delivered but stole it. I really don’t know what to do, though, because the record says it was delivered,  and I have no proof otherwise, other than my word. [/size]
[size=11pt]I emailed UPS about it and they said I can initiate a package investigation but that the sender has more information and should be the one to do so. I emailed Logitech asking them to do this. They said they will, but I have not heard back from them with any results.[/size]

[size=11pt]Any advice on how to handle this? Maybe Logitech will find something out with their supposed investigation, but judging by my prior experiences with the support team, I’m skeptical of anything happening at all. [/size]

[size=11pt]TL;DR: Sent in my Triple Fi 10 for replacement under warranty. Logitech claims they sent the replacement, and UPS claims they delivered it, but I never got it. Am I screwed, with just my word against theirs? [/size]

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
What address is that tracking number delivered to? Could it be that they delivered to your old address?

Other than that, you are probably screwed. 

No, the tracking number indicates it was sent to my address. And I did make sure, like four times, that Logitech knew to send it to my current address.

And come on, don't crush my hopes... It hurts losing my best (kinda my only) headphones :frowning2:

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
No, the tracking number indicates it was sent to my address. And I did make sure, like four times, that Logitech knew to send it to my current address.

And come on, don't crush my hopes... It hurts losing my best (kinda my only) headphones :frowning2:

Sorry, sounds like you're screwed. I doubt UPS will reimbursed you but if you're really lucky, maybe logitech will send you a new pair to make up for all the trouble. Good luck though ! 

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #6 of 8
 D id you check the address on the return shipment from the tracking #? If it's correct, you can't do anything but stay on Logitech to make a claim with UPS or do you a favor. Having other packages that were left on your doorstep get to you OK is no guarantee that  all will. Doesn't mean much here. Logitech has so far done nothing wrong here. They were nice about their label errors and even though it took a few tries to get it right, they did follow up appropriately. Have them make a claim with UPS and see what happens. UPS is notoriously slow about claims so please don't use 'supposedly' or complain about their customer service because a shipment sent to the correct address got lost. You're disappointed but sugar will probably get you a easier and more satisfactory resolution that salt. At this point it's essentially your word against UPS's. Logitech is the innocent bystander. Packages are automatically insured for $100 by UPS and logitech can probably replace it for that so even if not insured, if UPS decides in their favor, they can replace them for you without issue.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Leaving it on the doorstep does not mean its delivered - Handed over to a person and signed for is delivered

Get onto to UPS and raise hell

That's exactly how I feel. Not sure what to do though. They ask that the sender does the investigation because they have more info.
Logitech started an investigation ~ a week ago, so not sure if I should wait or start barking at UPS.

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
 D id you check the address on the return shipment from the tracking #? If it's correct, you can't do anything but stay on Logitech to make a claim with UPS or do you a favor. Having other packages that were left on your doorstep get to you OK is no guarantee that  all will. Doesn't mean much here. Logitech has so far done nothing wrong here. They were nice about their label errors and even though it took a few tries to get it right, they did follow up appropriately. Have them make a claim with UPS and see what happens. UPS is notoriously slow about claims so please don't use 'supposedly' or complain about their customer service because a shipment sent to the correct address got lost. You're disappointed but sugar will probably get you a easier and more satisfactory resolution that salt. At this point it's essentially your word against UPS's. Logitech is the innocent bystander. Packages are automatically insured for $100 by UPS and logitech can probably replace it for that so even if not insured, if UPS decides in their favor, they can replace them for you without issue.

Yeah, I really hate it, but I do realize it's my word against theirs, and the record speaks for them. Still, I was not given the option of "signature required", which I would probably have taken for an item this valuable. I guess now I just have to hope the investigation works out okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back