Sensitivity of Turbine Pro Copper?
Mar 16, 2010 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bcwang

500+ Head-Fier
I'm just wondering if anyone knows the specs for sensitivity for the turbine pro copper headphones. Monster's website doesn't have any information, maybe someone who owns the headphone has that information inside the box?

I'm hoping they aren't very sensitive, as I don't want to pick up hiss in every device I plug it into. I also want finer adjustments of volume at the low end which high sensitivity IEMs can't deliver with most amps. If it is close to er4s sensitivity that would be great. If it is closer to SE530 sensitivity then they won't work well for me.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 9
Monster does not publish the technical specs of its headphones, with which I partially agree as consumers can easily get the wrong idea, especially if a clerk at best buy tells them that higher numbers mean better sound.

I can't speak for the Coppers but the Golds and original Turbines are not very sensitive. More sensitive than the ER4S but certainly not as easy to drive as IEMs like the Klipsch S4 and UE TF10. Can't really quantify it any better than that. Maybe someone can measure the resistance across a channel
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 9
The gold is harder to drive than my IE8 but not by a lot. I have heard mentioned the Copper may be slightly harder to drive than the gold though so wait for more confirmation from copper owners.

Funny thing is that while they are harder to drive they are also more susceptable to amp noise and buzzing are at least that has been my experience so far.

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 9
Just got them, and unfortunately they seem to be on the very sensitive side still. Maybe not as much as the SE530, but they still audibly hiss on most of my equipment.

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 9
Ive not heard eny hiss on my golds or coppers and i use them with a portable amp, they are harder to drive than most all the iems i have strait out off my ipod but tmy p3+ drives them with ease.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Odd, I haven't heard any hiss from an iPod nano or X-Fi Elite Pro. That goes for Gold and MD's.

Correction: I do hear a slight bit of hiss from the Grado GR8's and even less on the MD's w/ a nano. I'd say the hiss on the MD's is slightly above imperceptible. I guess I need to spend more time not listening to music on my iPod.
tongue.gif

Sensitivity scale GR8>MTPG>MTPMD

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 9
No hiss from the iPod, bordering on noticeable from the Little Dot, so it's pretty low in sensitivity, in terms of IEMs. The UM2 and TripleFis are much more sensitive and hissy than it.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #9 of 9
They hiss out of my Ipod 5g (original video ipod) quite loudly, but I admit they seem to be less sensitive than the E4C and definitely less sensitive than the SE530. So among my high quality IEMs they are the least sensitive pair, but they are still sensitive enough to be a problem with most of my equipment. They do sound great though coming out of the tomahawk though with absolute silence in the background. But I still have to fight the volume getting too high before the channels become balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back