Sensaphonics custom sleeves for Shure se535 - are they worth it?
Sep 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cpaulPHL

New Head-Fier
Just bought a pair of Shure se535's to replace the pair of se530's accidentally left on a plane (ouch!) and I noticed that custom sleeves can be ordered through Sensaphonics. I'm very used to the triple-flange tips, and once I get them situated, I'm generally pleased with their comfort and sound isolation. I also generally only use these when I travel (twice a week).

So my questions are:
1) Has anyone "upgraded" their se535 with the Sensaphonics, and if so, was it worth it?

2) I purchased the bronze se535's - and note the Sensaphonics come in custom colors if you don't like clear. I'm wondering what the best looking combination would be (perhaps "Crystal Smoke")? Or do the clear sleeves look ok with the bronze se535?

Thanks in advance! This forum is AMAZING. I thoroughly researched my choice for replacement in-ear using this site, and settled back on the se535's based on individual contributions and reviews. I've also placed an order for custom dampers on Mouser to tune my se535's - thanks again to this forum!

- Paul

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 3
Welcome to head-fi
Sorry about your wallet.

CpaulPHL: The whole idea of custom sleeves is to achieve what some users never accomplish with silicon/foam tips: A good seal if not perfect. Some users report allergic reactions to foam tips, fitting issues, discomfort... for them sleeves are a good choice.

There's no reason to spend in customs if you are already comfortable with the seal achieved with regular tips.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 3
  Welcome to head-fi
Sorry about your wallet.

CpaulPHL: The whole idea of custom sleeves is to achieve what some users never accomplish with silicon/foam tips: A good seal if not perfect. Some users report allergic reactions to foam tips, fitting issues, discomfort... for them sleeves are a good choice.

There's no reason to spend in customs if you are already comfortable with the seal achieved with regular tips.

Awesome - thanks for the quick reply! This time, I will be even more careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back