Senns? Or something else?
Oct 4, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #16 of 24
Alright, thanks. I think I'll stick with getting the HD650's. Since I have that and the amp decided, can anyone recommend a good entry level DAC for me? Around $150? I've been recommended the Logitech Squeezebox, since it can stream in music via wifi from a computer. This is useful for me as all of my music is stored on my computer (or DAP), and my computer is downstairs while my headphone rig will be set up on the second floor. Is the Sqeezebox's DAC good compared to a conventional one I can get for $150?

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #17 of 24
Bump...
And also, where would the best place be to get a new HD650 for a low price? I know Headroom had a coupon code to lower the price to $350, but the coupon code isn't working since Headroom rearranged their site.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're worried about excessive bass, why not get the HD-600 instead? They have a much better balance than the HD-650 while still having much of the same sound signature.

x2 - - -and if cost is an issue - perhaps look into a modded HD-580 (with 600 grills) - that's the route I went with an LD MK III amd and DacMagic DAC - lovin' it.
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 - - -and if cost is an issue - perhaps look into a modded HD-580 (with 600 grills) - that's the route I went with an LD MK III amd and DacMagic DAC - lovin' it.
wink.gif

Nope, not a cost issue at all. I can shell out the money, but it's just that I wouldn't want to be paying more than what I can to get a pair. I'll be willing to wait to get the money too, if I need to (unemployed teen...YEAH!).

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump...
And also, where would the best place be to get a new HD650 for a low price? I know Headroom had a coupon code to lower the price to $350, but the coupon code isn't working since Headroom rearranged their site.

I ordered some Hd650's from J&R yesterday and talked them down to $314 shipped I didnt believe it untill I got the confirmation email and the tracking # today. I thought once a manager saw it I would get a cancellation email. I only deal with them now. I also purchased some D7000's for $559 shipped as well.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered some Hd650's from J&R yesterday and talked them down to $314 shipped I didnt believe it untill I got the confirmation email and the tracking # today. I thought once a manager saw it I would get a cancellation email. I only deal with them now. I also purchased some D7000's for $559 shipped as well.

Wow, how did you manage to get them to mark it down to $314?

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talk to Carlos at ext 1017. Thats the guy I talked to.

Oh, alright. Please forgive me for asking, but how would you reach that extension? And what number would I call first?

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Airiness is important to me too, I hate hearing instrumental music and just feeling that...all the sounds are mixed in together. I'd really like transparency too.

Thank you!! You just read my thoughts and put them in right words!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back