Sennheisser HD280 pro vs HD 25
Mar 27, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 36
I love my 280s, great sound, really good isolation. But my 25sp goes traveling, they take one hell of a beating. My ear isn't really good enough to catagorize the difference in the sound. Not quite as comfortable but very liveable. Of course I think Grado bowl pads are comfortable...

Mar 27, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 36
SQ: 280 has thunderous bass, a bit more HF extension and nicely laid back sound. 25-1 sound more forward and agressive. Considering 280 is almost half the price of 25-1, I'd say 280 gives much better bang for the buck.

Portability: hd25.

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 36
sound quality - don't know - I haven't heard the hd25.

Portability - slight edge to hd25 (I have similar phones - small but don't fold)

If you were them around your neck or on your head when not in use -the HD25s. If you put them in a pocket - toss up. The 280s fold up but are still sizeable.

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 36
hawspam.jpg

(Directed at Hentai)

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 36
donunus,
For listening to music I prefer the HD 280 due its bigger soundstage, slightly more coherent sound and more laid-back presentation. Add some Foobar EQing (by increasing the bands around 5 Khz) and these are a great pair of headphones for the price. The clamping force can be a bit annoying for longer listening period though.
The HD 25-1 on the other hand should be primarily used on the road. More or less balanced across the spectrum with emphasis on the bass. The mid to upper highs can be a little bit recessed but you'll get plenty of upper midrange/lower treble instead. Can be quite sibilant on some recordings. This is the onlyfull-sized headphone (not talking about canalphones or the likes of Sennheiser PX100) that can be put around the neck without a problem.
The HD 280 are also a bit too flashy for public use. If portable use is your main concern, either the HD 25-1 or a pair of canalphones should be the way to go. There are also less expensive alternative such as the PX200 but you'll have to take some compromises in the isolation and sound department.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
both sucks , get portapro

Most likely an educated opinion after having owned both the HD 25 and the HD 280.

Mar 28, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #9 of 36
Does spam have any relevance to this thread? Even slight relevance??

I suppose I should just ignore that post.

Mar 28, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly

I think that comment was about educated opinion from owners of both. I could be wrong though. =)

Mar 28, 2005 at 10:16 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly

I suppose I should just ignore that post.

No, no the thread is fine. It was about the review above that consisted of four words. He should consider making political banners for demonstrations, looks like it would work out great.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #13 of 36
Daroid, this is not meant to be a spam
biggrin.gif
but if you want a good sounding portable phone the portapro is one of the best,

hd280 and hd25 sounds better than koss but by how much? all you need is a musical sounding phone for portability. And portable sources aren't good enough for the hd280 or hd25 to sound convincely better than portapro. The koss is extremely practical compared to those two. if really want good , hi fi on the go sound , you should get er6i or ety 4s. if you want to just 'rock' to the music , koss the best , not to mention cheaper.

i don own the hd25 or hd280 but i borrow them from my friends for a try

Mar 28, 2005 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

hd280 and hd25 sounds better than koss but by how much? all you need is a musical sounding phone for portability.

Hi buddy, I may agree on price performance terms, but original poster specifically asked for sound quality and portability comparison between the two senns, with no price consideration. Let's just say he was given free phones and needs to choose between 25 and 280. So what you think of his needs may not coincides with his inquiry.

Quote:

And portable sources aren't good enough for the hd280 or hd25 to sound convincely better than portapro. The koss is extremely practical compared to those two. if really want good , hi fi on the go sound , you should get er6i or ety 4s.

I have sporta pro plus the two senns and to my ears hd280 convincingly sounds better out of ipod. Also some people like me still freak out at the thought of IEMs. If I were the original poster, could you see that your suggestion does not remotely fit my preference ? No offense intended at all. =)

Btw if you elaborate a bit further like in your latter post, your suggestion indeed made more sense, compared to 'xxx sux' comment.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #15 of 36
haha off topic eh?
biggrin.gif
but the i see no point in portability of these two.

hmm i prefer hd25 to hd280 in terms of sound , not as harsh. portability wise , of course hd25 is better. so if hd25 and hd280 are at same price then hd25 is the obvious choice to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back