Sennheisers just..ok
Feb 21, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 38
Nuke,

Bottom line, if you're happy with the way the 570's sound don't worry what anyone else has to say. For the record I thought my Senn 535's sounded great till I got my Ety's which I thought were the bomb till I got my 600's. Now I enjoy alternating between the 4Ps and the 600s as they are an interesting contrast both doing a lot very well.

Nate

Feb 21, 2005 at 11:47 PM Post #18 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuke
Have you ever tried a pair? I don't possibly see how they can be the worst headphones.

Yeah, I have. I think maybe the worst considering their price...worst of Sennheisers that is. I'd take those over the 202s or 212s any day, but not like, the 555s or something. No way.

Feb 21, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Well I'm happy with my purcahse now. :| Have you ever tried a pair? I don't possibly see how they can be the worst headphones.

I have tried a pair, and they're pretty terrible for their price, sorry to make you feel worse about your headphone purchase. I would advise what the other guy said, return them, and buy the HD555's for nearly the same price, and they will sound much better than your HD570's.

Feb 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #21 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
570 is the worst sennheiser ever made

Hah - try the HD 470 and think again!
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Hmm...I might be able to go check out a few audio stores...but I don't think they carry the HD555 in Canada.

http://www.sennheiser.ca

Is there any comparable headphone in that list, or one you would recommend.

Even futureshop/bestbuy carry the 555.

You can find every Sennheiser model in Canada, where do you live? Look for some hi-fi stores nearby, call em up see what they carry in stock.

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Hmm...I might be able to go check out a few audio stores...but I don't think they carry the HD555 in Canada.

http://www.sennheiser.ca

Is there any comparable headphone in that list, or one you would recommend.

You could try the HD590's. I was happy with them, although they do recieve very mixed responses. I'm not sure how much you can find them for in Canada, but here you can get them in the low $100's if you look hard. Another suggestion would go to ditch Sennheiser altogether. Check out Grado SR-80's, the Alessandro Ms-1's, and the Audio-Technica a500.

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
Even futureshop/bestbuy carry the 555.

You can find every Sennheiser model in Canada, where do you live? Look for some hi-fi stores nearby, call em up see what they carry in stock.

I'm in London Ontario. I checked Future Shop and Best Buy...neither have it. They aren't on their websites either.

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

I'm in London Ontario. I checked Future Shop and Best Buy...neither have it. They aren't on their websites either.

if you like the headphones you have, keep them and be happy. don't let other people tell you that you don't like your headphones. oh head-fi...

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:49 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
if you like the headphones you have, keep them and be happy. don't let other people tell you that you don't like your headphones. oh head-fi...

This sir is GOOD advice. The 570s are bad headphones for the price, but they are NOT bad headphones, not when compared to your average consumer garbage. If you're stepping up from that, then the 570s will sound nice, just be aware that there is a whole other world ahead of you, and every time you find yourself making more money, you're going to find yourself spending even MORE on this killer hobby. I started with the 570s, went to 590s, then 650s, and later on picked up a pair of Alessandro MS-1s for good measure. Oh that's not even to mention two sound cards, various interconnects, and a headphone replacement cable that costs more than most people would even think about spending on headphones alone. heh.

You have two choices, take your 570s and run very far away and be happy with them, or stick around, dig in for the long haul, and we're all very sorry about your wallet.
600smile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

If you take a drive up to Kitchener, Natural Sound in town here carries a lot of headphones, you could call and see what they have in stock.

The 590s would be a decent step up too, good price on them from amazon

Feb 22, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #30 of 38
There are two audio stores that I'm gonna call up in 2-3 hours when they open. I'll see what they have in stock. If they have something better for a similar price I'll get it..otherwise I'm content with the 570s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back