Sennheisers just..ok
Feb 22, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #31 of 38
I have to second the claims that HD570 isn't good. I had it and it didn't last for long. It seemed a case of "mis-creation" from the Senn. folks.

If you can then take it back and, if you trust it, you may follow this guideline:

HD650 ...better than... HD595 ...better than... HD555 ...different from... HD580 and the like.

My picks for you
tongue.gif
are HD555 and 595.

Feb 22, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrea
I have to second the claims that HD570 isn't good. I had it and it didn't last for long. It seemed a case of "mis-creation" from the Senn. folks.

If you can then take it back and, if you trust it, you may follow this guideline:

HD650 ...better than... HD595 ...better than... HD555 ...different from... HD580 and the like.

My picks for you
tongue.gif
are HD555 and 595.

I'd swap the HD570's for a HD555 without even thinking about it. I think they are better in every possible way. (Except for the closed/open, but even then)

Feb 22, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Hah - try the HD 470 and think again!
wink.gif

Or the HD457... Ugh.

Feb 22, 2005 at 2:48 PM Post #34 of 38
All i have to say is that i would feel terrible if everyone was making bad comments about the headphones i just bought.
blink.gif
I would stick to them and make the most out of them. Then if i felt like i needed something better i would upgrade. You should realise that everything that you read around here is SUBJECTIVE and that most in this forum have spent a lot of money on headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris
All i have to say is that i would feel terrible if everyone was making bad comments about the headphones i just bought.
blink.gif
I would stick to them and make the most out of them. Then if i felt like i needed something better i would upgrade. You should realise that everything that you read around here is SUBJECTIVE and that most in this forum have spent a lot of money on headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes we have all spent a lot of money, thats why we want to HELP people not repeat the same mistakes many of us have done already, we only want to see people's money well spent. That's why people come to these fourms, for our expertise and experience. No one should feel insulted about buying a product and then finding out there is something else much better at the same price level from people who are experienced in that field, I would be thankful... although many people who buy Bose unfortunately DO feel insulted when you try to tell them this lol
600smile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #36 of 38
I have the HD 570 and must say they are not THAT bad! I must have the 120 Ohm version because you really gotta crank up the volume on these guys! Compared to the Beyer 880 there is no comparison though. I always enjoyed them but didn't really have anything to compare them to...

Feb 22, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 38
Hm.. those Senns that people claim that are not good now appear as updated to a new version on Sennheiser's web site. The HD570 is now marked as HD570-V1 at 64 Ohms and the HD470 as HD470-V1 at 32 Ohms. There are some other similarly marked headphones. I wonder if these are headphones that did not perform as expected and therefore they have been updated...

Feb 22, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #38 of 38
Usually minor variance on V1 etc, and sometimes the ones found on stores are latest version with no clear marking. Based on many comments here I'd suggest to try another Senns. I've found out the hard way on hd265.
frown.gif

When majority say suuuuuux there's gotta be good reason behind them. While with controversial phones there's a chance you fell into the pro-group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back