Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Apr 29, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #166 of 169
I haven’t tried separating input and output like that. Mostly because I always hear about grounding issues when people do that. I would expect this to be the same way, due to a shared ground, but I haven’t empirically tested it. Maybe later I’ll give it a try, but right now I’m looking for my Lightning to Headphone adapter dongle.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #167 of 169
I haven’t tried separating input and output like that. Mostly because I always hear about grounding issues when people do that. I would expect this to be the same way, due to a shared ground, but I haven’t empirically tested it. Maybe later I’ll give it a try, but right now I’m looking for my Lightning to Headphone adapter dongle.

I guess in some ways that's why a modmic is better than a headset because it has it's own dedicated ground. I can't be the only one that does this. I guess my other option is a small USB sound card for the Mic input. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R33VWW

I ordered the PC37X, the Sabrent USB and a 3.5mm extension cable so when I get it all I will test and see what works the best.

May 1, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #168 of 169
I'm not saying you are the only one who's tried that!
I'm just cautioning that you might run into issues that way. It might even be fixable, or there might not be any issue at all. That Sabrent USB external soundcard might be a decent solution at a bottom-rung price... and in this economy, I'm not going to judge! Hope it works smoothly for you.

That Questyle amp is nice!

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #169 of 169
Yeah that's what's confusing about the whole thing is even though it seems like a common thing after doing lots of searching I haven't found any posts on it. I've tested my work "headset" now which is a pair of AT MSR7's with a Vmoda Boom Pro mic and it does not work well. Lots of noise in the microphone and a constant hissing in the headphones when they are plugged in. The Boom Pro mic works fine for some things but the cable is really thin and has lots of crosstalk if you don't plug the mic and output into a single soundcard.

I'm really happy with my CMA600i. It's an exceptional piece of endgame hardware for most people. I did a lot of downsizing and trading up for it. I sold all the midfi hardware and headphones I had accumulated over the last few years and bought it used. I only kept my HE560s. It pairs quite well with planars IMO. That was the only way I could afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back