Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Jan 12, 2017 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 169

Evshrug

Headphoneus Supremus

Massdrop has just lifted the embargo on another great manufacturer collaboration with Sennheiser! Featuring a customized colorway and cable accessory compared to Sennheiser's standard PC373D headset, the other impressive part of this quality gamer's headset is the price!

Drop page: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

This thread is for collecting reviews and discussion of the headset.

Yethal's Review
Evshrug’s Review
Callizer's Review
Mad Lust Envy’s Review

-----

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 169
I used to own the PC360 (gave to my father). I really liked it a lot, great for sound whoring, comfortable, and convenient.

This is another FANTASTIC Massdrop exclusive, and the price is amazing. I cannot wait to see how the reviews come out.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 169
If it sounds anything like the HD598 it's going to be a gaming monster.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 169
Quick first impressions:
This is not a PC360 from years back (though that was a pretty well-regarded gaming headset), which was based on an HD555 and an added mic. I HIGHLY suspect this is based more on the HD599 (which was an upgrade over the HD595, different driver) because it has the sparkly quality often mentioned in HD598 reviews, but I'm not finding it bass-shy as described in HD598 reviews so it may have its own unique tuning.

What it is:
•Mildly v-shaped, "competitive" sounding headphone
•Angled drivers, from the HD599 & HD559 family
•Open headphone, but very low sound leakage.
•All-Velour covered foam earpads and headband pad are soft and squishy
•Lightweight
•"Firm" clamp
•Noise-cancelling directional microphone
•Replaceable, braid-wrapped 10' cord terminated in 3.5mm headphone and 3.5mm microphone plugs; PC style.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 169
So, can we confirm differences between this and the G4ME One?

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #7 of 169
I've a G4ME Zero, I wonder how they compare since one is closed and this is open, but for the price I might try to get one of these .

So, can we confirm differences between this and the G4ME One?

I'm sure someone will eventually chime in, but I have to admit I haven't heard the G4ME Zero or One.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 169
I have. Testing between it and my V-Moda M-100, the G4ME One does have better mids than the V-Moda. Granted, both are pretty bassy cans, but the G4ME Ones don't blend in the mid-range with the bass in the way the M-100s do. Can't comment too much on the highs, though. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 169
I have. Testing between it and my V-Moda M-100, the G4ME One does have better mids than the V-Moda. Granted, both are pretty bassy cans, but the G4ME Ones don't blend in the mid-range with the bass in the way the M-100s do. Can't comment too much on the highs, though. 

Well, sure, but that doesn't answer your question of the difference between the G4ME One and the PC37X. I have an M-100 though, would if help if I gave a comparison impression between the M-100 and PC37X, even though I don't have a meter to Volume-match?

Jan 13, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #10 of 169
I've a G4ME Zero, I wonder how they compare since one is closed and this is open, but for the price I might try to get one of these .

Game zero is a closed headphone, from a soundstage and positioning standpoint these will certainly be better as they are open back. If it's isolation you are seeking than your Game Zero is a better option.

Jan 13, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #11 of 169
Guess what just arrived on my doorstep

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #13 of 169
Game zero is a closed headphone, from a soundstage and positioning standpoint these will certainly be better as they are open back. If it's isolation you are seeking than your Game Zero is a better option.

I'll wait for reviews to pop up, most of the reviews from the 373D are using the usb 7.1. I really like the isolation of the game zero for lan tournaments but at home I think I can use an open back headphone
Guess what just arrived on my doorstep

Wow, nice! Are you planning to post a review ?

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #15 of 169

I'll wait for reviews to pop up, most of the reviews from the 373D are using the usb 7.1. I really like the isolation of the game zero for lan tournaments but at home I think I can use an open back headphone

Wow, nice! Are you planning to post a review ?

I am. Unfortunately I received my headset a few days later than Evshrug (cons of living in eastern Europe) but if I don't take it off my head for the entire weekend I'm sure I'll be able to gather enough impressions to write a review.
  These look brilliant, unfortunately I think import charges would be ridiculous getting them to the UK? Do they send them to you to review?

I know the pain, import charges are the primary reason I don't buy stuff from US (import tax in Poland adds about 1/3 cost overhead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back