Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Mar 7, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #76 of 169

These are serialized, I'm number 1340. It's in small print on the headband. It's also on the box. Pretty cool, and way better done than the HD6XX numbers.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #78 of 169
So, it's been a few days guys, what do you think of the PC37X?

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #79 of 169
So, it's been a few days guys, what do you think of the PC37X?

Haven't gotten much head time with them. Life long friend died unexpectedly on Wednesday. He was 40, a tooth infection spread causing seizures. Also doesn't help I got the Monoprice M1060 the day before, lol. I'll be back listening middle of next week.

Think I'm still the only one who has gotten theirs!

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #81 of 169
Haven't gotten much head time with them. Life long friend died unexpectedly on Wednesday. He was 40, a tooth infection spread causing seizures. Also doesn't help I got the Monoprice M1060 the day before, lol. I'll be back listening middle of next week.

Think I'm still the only one who has gotten theirs!

Holy cow, I need to schedule a dentist's appointment! My teeth feel fine, but it's that time of the year again. Very sorry for your loss.
Still, I totally agree that the PC37X sounds surprisingly satisfying even on a modest rig. Like I want to take it with me to work, boom mic and long cable with split ends be damned!

Sorry to ask it again. Anyone who's had the k550 (or a variant), how would you compare the pc37x?

No need to apologize :)
I'd tell you if I knew. Generally, I quite like AKG's headphones, but I've never tried the K550's. I can only guess from the average K550 review that the sound signatures would be quite different, with a cooler sound on the K550's.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #82 of 169
PC37X is available on Massdrop again:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #84 of 169
It's back guys, problem is I noticed the estimated shipping date is MAY 30. Comon........ I'll probably be getting it mid-April if I buy it.

Doubt it, I recently bought keycaps on Massdrop and they were supposed to ship on April 27 and yet they arrived today.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #85 of 169
Doubt it, I recently bought keycaps on Massdrop and they were supposed to ship on April 27 and yet they arrived today.

If that's true, then great! Although I still need to do some research before buying the PC37X. So far it seems like the best choice for it's price range. Problem is I've only found 3 reviews for it.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #86 of 169
I have no idea what happened to the rest of the orders!!! Maybe check reddit and see if others have received theirs. I am going to listen to them some today/tonight. I should have something to share more later. I agree that they are worth the money for sure. but I would like to get some impressions up besides only that!

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #87 of 169
  I have no idea what happened to the rest of the orders!!! Maybe check reddit and see if others have received theirs. I am going to listen to them some today/tonight. I should have something to share more later. I agree that they are worth the money for sure. but I would like to get some impressions up besides only that!

Totally agree, all the reviews so far are positive, but there aren't a lot. By the way, how long did it take you to receive it? The thing that bothers me the most is the shipping time stated on drop page.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #88 of 169
I got mine WAY early. They ended up getting production completed 3.5 weeks early, and they were shipped to Massdrop immediately!. They were supposed to be shipped out in Mid April, and I have had them over a week already. Wasn't expecting to get them even close to when I did. So I was stuck with the Monoprice M1060 and PC37X arriving on back to back days. The M1060 is far more intriguing to me as a potential giant slayer. The little time I have put in so far with the PC37X has me shocked. The PC360s were so bass light I was determined to find something else. PC360s were terrible for music, but so far I am actually really liking the PC37X for gaming and music. I am going to jump on to Battlefield 1 in a bit and try out the new maps. May jump into some Titanfall 2 as well. Entire night with the PC37X and I am sure I will get to compare them to the AKG K702 Annies and Beyer Dynamic DT990 to get a feel where I think they fall. 

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #89 of 169
  I got mine WAY early. They ended up getting production completed 3.5 weeks early, and they were shipped to Massdrop immediately!. They were supposed to be shipped out in Mid April, and I have had them over a week already. Wasn't expecting to get them even close to when I did. So I was stuck with the Monoprice M1060 and PC37X arriving on back to back days. The M1060 is far more intriguing to me as a potential giant slayer. The little time I have put in so far with the PC37X has me shocked. The PC360s were so bass light I was determined to find something else. PC360s were terrible for music, but so far I am actually really liking the PC37X for gaming and music. I am going to jump on to Battlefield 1 in a bit and try out the new maps. May jump into some Titanfall 2 as well. Entire night with the PC37X and I am sure I will get to compare them to the AKG K702 Annies and Beyer Dynamic DT990 to get a feel where I think they fall. 

Try them with Virtual Barbershop. If they make You jump, they're good cans for gaming.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #90 of 169
Try them with Virtual Barbershop. If they make You jump, they're good cans for gaming.

I have no idea what that is! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back