Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #2,491 of 4,141
  I think as of now that I still prefer my LCD2 (2016 rev) but the 6xx is much more comfortable and I can definitely see my self using it over the Audeze when I am suffering from things such as headaches, as the clamp and weight of the LCD2 makes me shudder sometimes by even thinking about wearing it.

Dang! I thought the clamp on the 6XX was bad!

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #2,493 of 4,141

Dang! I thought the clamp on the 6XX was bad!

I hate the clamp of the 6XX. I know the LCD2 is heavy, but, it's super comfortable. I feel like the 6XX is squeezing my brains out of my ears. Still undetermined on how that affects SQ lol

-Collin-

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #2,494 of 4,141
I hate the clamp of the 6XX. I know the LCD2 is heavy, but, it's super comfortable. I feel like the 6XX is squeezing my brains out of my ears. Still undermined on how that affects SQ lol

-Collin-

Get s couple books and put them between the cans and leave them for a day or two. I thought this was well covered time and time again...

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #2,495 of 4,141
Get s couple books and put them between the cans and leave them for a day or two. I thought this was well covered time and time again...

Thanks, appreciate that. I suppose I didn't read 167 pages to understand a clamp that is way too tight and borderline defective out of the box. That, or my head is alien-sized? Apologies for joining the thread late. 

-Collin-

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #2,496 of 4,141
What are the thoughs on break-in on these?  I have some well worn (6+ years) HD650 to compare too and they sound pretty different at this point.  First, the volume seems lower with the HD6XX at this point, less on the top end, but even a little bit of sibiliance on OK recordings, and a little bit muddier.  At first I though maybe it was just the cable since I have a Cardas cable on my HD650, so I swapped them.  Also tried different amps (Woo WA22 and Bottlehead Crack).  I certainly don't mind taking them through break-in, but was curious what others are experiencing.

Pads make a big difference. I bet your HD650 has well worn pads and I suspect the drivers are very close to your ears.

What color is your driver? Newer ones are white.

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #2,497 of 4,141
Thanks, appreciate that. I suppose I didn't read 167 pages to understand a clamp that is way too tight and borderline defective out of the box. That, or my head is alien-sized? Apologies for joining the thread late. 

-Collin-

I was referring to multiple discussions over the last decade... anyway don't start with too many books. Add more and try until they are comfortable.

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #2,498 of 4,141
I was referring to multiple discussions over the last decade... anyway don't start with too many books. Add more and try until they are comfortable.

Cool. I think my headphone stand is doing the trick. It's holding them open about an inch wider than they would just being on their own. Thanks!

-Collin-

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #2,502 of 4,141
I still see the below in the tracking page... as if it never reached the carrier. Anyone else with the same status? No change for more than 10 days...
6:42
PM EST
EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
UNITED STATES
6:35
PM EST
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON
UNITED STATES

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #2,503 of 4,141
Happy Holiday's ! Received my HD6XX yesterday afternoon, currently letting some music play thru. I also purchased a Wireworld NANO-PLATINUM ECLIPSE Cable.
The last time I had a set of HD650 I did not have the sources and amps I have today, I must say these sound very good at first impressions and from my memory 4 or 5 so years ago. 
I took some photo with a new camera Santa brought the Wife.

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #2,504 of 4,141
Pads make a big difference. I bet your HD650 has well worn pads and I suspect the drivers are very close to your ears.

What color is your driver? Newer ones are white.

My drivers are white.  But, I think you're right that the pad is a part of it; on my HD650, the pads are totally flabby and on the HD6XX, firm (relatively speaking).  Tonally they sound identical.  Trying to adjust for the volume difference, I'd now say my HD6XX sound better than my HD650.  They have better definition and it makes my HD650 sound relatively "loose" sounding.  It's still pretty subtle, on the order of difference of a cable swap.

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,505 of 4,141

Still copying my multiple hundreds of CDs to FLAC, but I've been making good progress the past week or so.....

I have been doing this as well, and not gotten very far.  My husband got me this for Christmas:
http://www.acronova.com/product/auto-cd-dvd-publisher-ripper-lightscribe-nimbie-usb-nb11/2/review.html
Supposedly it works with Exact Audio Copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back