Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #2,191 of 4,141
Mine came in this afternoon. I opened the case and noticed my left earpad was ripped. I am surprised that Sennheiser would send my headphones to me like this.
Good luck with Massdrop responding took months getting refund on Havi B3's. I had to get on Twitter and complain before I got a response. That was almost two years ago maybe they got better. I hope so in your case Good Luck.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,192 of 4,141
Mine came in this afternoon. I opened the case and noticed my left earpad was ripped. I am surprised that Sennheiser would send my headphones to me like this.

I received a K7XX from MD that had the infamous driver rattle. I shot them an email and they responded within 48hrs. They sent me a replacement even before I sent them the defective unit.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #2,193 of 4,141
Good luck with Massdrop responding took months getting refund on Havi B3's. I had to get on Twitter and complain before I got a response. That was almost two years ago maybe they got better. I hope so in your case Good Luck.

I had to return a baseball cap to Massdrop last month, came with stitching unraveled some, they had me a return label within 3-5 days, and refund was quite quick.  I hope he has a good experience like I did.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #2,194 of 4,141
Well they have gotten much better glad to hear.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #2,195 of 4,141

If I were him I wouldnt want a refund.  I'd want a replacement, or at least a replacement pad.

The 6xx's come with 2 years of warranty.   I wonder if that is handled by Massdrop or by Sennheiser...  

If he doesn't have luck with Massdrop, I'd just contact Sennheiser directly.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,197 of 4,141
I offered the guy selling serial No. 00002 on eBay $199 for them.

Good job.  I'd be tempted to go on there and harass the hell out of anyone trying to sell them above the $199 price.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,199 of 4,141
Good job.  I'd be tempted to go on there and harass the hell out of anyone trying to sell them above the $199 price.
technically they can sell higher as long as cheaper than HD650 price

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #2,201 of 4,141
technically they can sell higher as long as cheaper than HD650 price

Considering how many people wanted in on the drop to actually enjoy these headphones, and couldn't because it was bumrushed,  anyone who bought them just to flip them to try to make a buck, deserves the baseball bat treatment, as far as I am concerned.

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #2,203 of 4,141
Heh,  yeah.

I've responded by hiding away from the world, getting back into video games.  The more post apocalyptic the better.   The S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Metro, Deus Ex and Fallout series seem rather appropriate now.

Yes! I have all of those games. I haven't made any time for gaming since I have other hobbies that are stealing my attention, but I'll always have a soft spot my heart for the first time I fired up Oblivion on a cold winter night. A few pints of Guinness and many, many hours later the sun was rising...

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #2,204 of 4,141
Delivery rescheduled for the 23rd.  They are cutting it fine.
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,205 of 4,141

Considering how many people wanted in on the drop to actually enjoy these headphones, and couldn't because it was bumrushed,  anyone who bought them just to flip them to try to make a buck, deserves the baseball bat treatment, as far as I am concerned.

+1.

It is kind of amusing to watch such people trying to sell a $200 pair for over $550, $700 and $1000. Amusingly pitiful behavior to say the least. If I wanted an HD650 I could get it for $314 with 2 yr warranty. Warranty is non-transferable once you buy it from other person. And seeing the build quality issues of HD6XX thus far, you bet there will be more things falling apart throughout these 5000 phones' lifespan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back