Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #2,176 of 4,141
Wow, my package was delivered today. Fedex is really on their game this week! I can't weight to try them tonight!

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,177 of 4,141
I had a HD202 years ago before I got into this hobby. That thing fell apart on me, and as a poor student at that time, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Years later, I never gave a second look at Sennheiser phones, but with this drop, I finally gave it a go. You guys know that SpongeBob episode when Squidward finally ate a Krabby Patty? All those wasted years when I could've been listening to the HD650...

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #2,178 of 4,141
Received mine yesterday, serial number 586. Spent about 3 hrs listening so far and comparing it to my HD600, both amped and plugged straight into my iPhone. Very happy. It sounds very very similar to the HD600, but I've decided that I generally like pop music better through the HD6XX because it sounds a little fuller and richer.

However, I like classical music better through the HD600. There seems to be a slight upper mids emphasis on the HD600 that makes soprano voices and violins pop out a little more from the mix and makes orchestral textures seem slightly more transparent.

I also like the cable and paint finish on the HD6XX better. I was never a big fan of that marbled plastic look on the HD600, which reminds me of an 80s bachelor pad toilet seat.

Man, midrangey, warm golden age vocals like Billie Holiday and Frank Sinatra sound like melted butter mixed with honey through the HD6XX, and I can just listen to that stuff all day long.

The powerful class A drive on my HA-1 gives a nice boost to the bass and dynamics, just like with my HD600, but aside from that, it sounds fine driven by an iPhone 7, where I set the volume just past halfway.

This is a keeper. It's a toss up between the HD600 and HD6XX, mostly dependent on what kind of music you prefer, but the price makes the HD6XX the winner.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2,179 of 4,141
You guys know that SpongeBob episode when Squidward finally ate a Krabby Patty? All those wasted years when I could've been listening to the HD650...

I understand the sentiment, but sorry, I'm not 12, so no SpongeBob references are going to register with me 
etysmile.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #2,181 of 4,141
Dec 20, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #2,182 of 4,141
46 here. Been watching SpongeBob since '99.

Lol, do you have kids?

I am completely unfamiliar with any children's programming that has come out after the late 80's.

Dec 20, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,183 of 4,141
Dec 20, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #2,184 of 4,141

Lol, do you have kids?

I am completely unfamiliar with any children's programming that has come out after the late 80's.

Kids were born in 2000 and 2003.  Started on SpongeBob one night after coming home after being on call.  Had worked about 40 hours straight.  Not much brain left and the cartoon was just what I needed.  Been watching it ever since with or without the kids.

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #2,185 of 4,141

Kids were born in 2000 and 2003.  Started on SpongeBob one night after coming home after being on call.  Had worked about 40 hours straight.  Not much brain left and the cartoon was just what I needed.  Been watching it ever since with or without the kids.

lol nothing wrong with that man, hell yeah, I'm about to go out for a pint of guiness, might download some spongebob later, im 28, who cares about the rules and norms anymore, trump is president, a super model who can barely speak english is first lady, madness rules the minds of men, hell yeah, can jam, and spongebob, im down with this

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2,186 of 4,141
  lol nothing wrong with that man, hell yeah, I'm about to go out for a pint of guiness, might download some spongebob later, im 28, who cares about the rules and norms anymore, trump is president, a super model who can barely speak english is first lady, madness rules the minds of men, hell yeah, can jam, and spongebob, im down with this

Heh,  yeah.

I've responded by hiding away from the world, getting back into video games.  The more post apocalyptic the better.   The S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Metro, Deus Ex and Fallout series seem rather appropriate now.

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #2,187 of 4,141
I never thought I would hear CanJam and SpongeBob in the same sentence but you did it : )

Dec 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #2,188 of 4,141
Heh,  yeah.

I've responded by hiding away from the world, getting back into video games.  The more post apocalyptic the better.   The S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Metro, Deus Ex and Fallout series seem rather appropriate now.

Lots of BF1 in my horizon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back