Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,161 of 4,141
  The fact the serial numbers are on a sticker just ruin the whole thing haha. I mean if they were engraved I could see certain serials getting quite a fair bit of attention and potentially selling for a decent amount of money but who in their right mind would pay x amount of times retail price for a number on a sticker. Better yet, I wonder who came up with the idea to begin with - may as well not serialize them if it's going to be done this way, imo.

A poorly applied sticker at that. Mine is crooked as hell. I'd rather not have it

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,163 of 4,141
Sorry to hear that, the Fulla should do a nice job.. give your amps a try maybe one will click. The 6XX isn't known for the biggest stage but the sound is excellent.

Oh no need to be sorry, I love it... the Fulla 2 has way more slam with these cans then I was expecting... I am definately keeping them for awhile, maybe a couple months. Just that lack of soundstage irks me a little, if it just had a smidgen more of sound stage they could be my end games, lol

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #2,165 of 4,141
That's how I read that too. Why are the ones after 550 serialized?
They said the first 500 would have serial numbers 550 and under nothing about not having serial numbers on the rest though.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #2,166 of 4,141
They said the first 500 would have serial numbers 550 and under nothing about not having serial numbers on the rest though.

That was what I remember reading as well. I'm not sure where how to the rumor of only the first 500 being serialized started.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #2,169 of 4,141
Is a serial number that important or the fact that you got a legendary headphone for considerably less than normal. I own two pair for years and was unaware of the numbers until now. Looking for things to complain about when you should be enjoying the phones. I'll say this also, anyone who bought these looking to turn around and sell for profit really doesn't belong here. That goes against that rules of every audio forum out there.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,170 of 4,141

Oh no need to be sorry, I love it... the Fulla 2 has way more slam with these cans then I was expecting... I am definately keeping them for awhile, maybe a couple months. Just that lack of soundstage irks me a little, if it just had a smidgen more of sound stage they could be my end games, lol

Some angled brainwavz pads would probably help soundstage 

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2,172 of 4,141
I'd say the Fulla 2 is a giant leap over the first though. #956 tested well on the Jot I know that. :D

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #2,173 of 4,141
Is a serial number that important or the fact that you got a legendary headphone for considerably less than normal. I own two pair for years and was unaware of the numbers until now. Looking for things to complain about when you should be enjoying the phones. I'll say this also, anyone who bought these looking to turn around and sell for profit really doesn't belong here. That goes against that rules of every audio forum out there.

Absolutely, the point I was trying to make was just that if they're going to be serializing headphones then they should probably do it properly - I personally don't care for the number at all, I went in on the drop because I didn't want to pass up HD650s in a cooler colour (imo) for $200. Just seems silly they'd go through the trouble of numbering 5000 of them and then slack so hard on how it is applied.

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #2,174 of 4,141
I hope Massdrop keeps an eye on these resellers and drops the ban hammer...

Only two people bit on ebay so far, one going for $319 and another for $250.

Yeah, it's one thing to buy them, and decide you don't like them and sell them.

It's another thing all together to bum rush the drop and just try to flip them for a quick profit.

That ought to be criminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back