Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,148 of 4,141
  exactly what i was thinking... i still want one, no matter what serial number.

Check Canuckaudiomart.....a few selling at cost....well at least in Canada....eh!
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/search.php?show_other_marts=N&keywords=sennheiser&search=Search&cat_id=&price_min=&price_max=&province=&zipcode=&radius=100

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,149 of 4,141

Woah! No one will buy that I hope...

I don't know if I'd go that extreme. There's a sub-200 serial number for sale on ebay right now for $275. Now it is being bid on, but it may go for less than an original HD650. Since they are the same headphones, I'd say paying more than $199 but less than the current price of the HD650 would be a great deal actually...

there's at least one original HD650 at about $200 with one hour to go, it's just that i really like the new colour.

@Rob80b thanks for the link.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #2,150 of 4,141
With the amount of interest this drop had, I can't see Massdrop or sennheiser not doing it again. To sell 5000 headphones in one day. The thx00 didn't go this well and they had at least 3 good drops.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #2,151 of 4,141
With the amount of interest this drop had, I can't see Massdrop or sennheiser not doing it again. To sell 5000 headphones in one day. The thx00 didn't go this well and they had at least 3 good drops.

my only concern is that sennheiser could consider that selling the 6xx for $200 cannibalizes their 650 sales. to make 1 million in sales in two hours on the other hand doesn't sound bad at all, for any company.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,152 of 4,141
  there's at least one original HD650 at about $200 with one hour to go, it's just that i really like the new colour.

@Rob80b thanks for the link.

I'm actually still waiting on their arrival  but I actually had my 6XX up for a possible pre-trade for a recent 650 but thought I'd wait until they arrive to make the decision.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #2,153 of 4,141
  my only concern is that sennheiser could consider that selling the 6xx for $200 cannibalizes their 650 sales. to make 1 million in sales in two hours on the other hand doesn't sound bad at all, for any company.

They should just lower the 650 price to the $250-$300 range and call it. Another drop would also be good, though. Basically, every resale of these is another potential sale Sennheiser could have made. Then leave all the scalpers unable to make their profit 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,154 of 4,141
Mine are sitting on my porch waiting for me to get home.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,155 of 4,141
  should anyone want #00002, it's available on ebay for only $1k

I don't expect it to sell. It's just a number.

It's up there as a "what if" in case someone cares about the serial significantly more than I do. Note that $1k is the BIN and I'm taking offers.

I will most likely just hold on to them in the end.

Either way, I have a friend that is willing to sell me his pair should I part with these.

Go ahead and grab your pitchforks, someone on reddit who lives in my neighborhood already threatened to break into my house over listing this pair of headphones 
popcorn.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #2,156 of 4,141
My HD6xx just got here, WOW I was not expecting FUlla 2 to sound this good!!!!!  lack of soundstage kind of ruins it for me, so probably will sell in a few weeks for 180 or so. i think overall i still prefer my shp-9500 with HM5 pads or my pioneer se-a1000, because i just need soundstage imaging for most of my songs

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #2,157 of 4,141
Sorry to hear that, the Fulla should do a nice job.. give your amps a try maybe one will click. The 6XX isn't known for the biggest stage but the sound is excellent.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #2,159 of 4,141
The fact the serial numbers are on a sticker just ruin the whole thing haha. I mean if they were engraved I could see certain serials getting quite a fair bit of attention and potentially selling for a decent amount of money but who in their right mind would pay x amount of times retail price for a number on a sticker. Better yet, I wonder who came up with the idea to begin with - may as well not serialize them if it's going to be done this way, imo.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #2,160 of 4,141
  The fact the serial numbers are on a sticker just ruin the whole thing haha. I mean if they were engraved I could see certain serials getting quite a fair bit of attention and potentially selling for a decent amount of money but who in their right mind would pay x amount of times retail price for a number on a sticker. Better yet, I wonder who came up with the idea to begin with - may as well not serialize them if it's going to be done this way, imo.

I'd guess Massdrop, as a way to drum up sales.  The way I read the listing was that only the first 500 or so would be serialized, thus creating demand for people to immediately buy now in the hopes of getting the serialized ones.  Those who missed out but already input their checkout details are unlikely to cancel the transaction at that point. Win win for Massdrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back