Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 20, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #2,116 of 4,141
Still no shipping notice here, anyone else still waiting on an email?

Dec 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #2,117 of 4,141
Estimated delivery went from Friday to Thursday, though I'm honestly expecting them tomorrow due to how close they are to me, now. Although I never know with FedEx. 

I'm glad I now have all my packages go to my dad's shop where someone will be there during the day. The last time I got a package delivered to my house, it was via FedEx and required a signature. The driver took it upon himself to sign it for me, and left the package on my porch. Not that I wasn't happy to get my package and not have it delayed, but having the driver just sign for me was a little uncomfortable. Even worse was when I contacted FedEx to let them know that, they told me they had proof of my signature. Which worries me, because if my package had be stolen, then what?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #2,119 of 4,141
The 6XX are internally ready for balanced you only need a cable.

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #2,120 of 4,141
How does one balance these headphones for XLR dac/amp like the jotunheim?  I heard you have to take the headphone apart to balance them... anyone have a video on how to do this?
Any headphone that has detachable cable can run balanced with the balanced cable and amp. No need to take the phones apart. I've run virtually every headphone I've owned balanced at one time or another.my Hifiman headphones run from speaker taps on a power amp.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,121 of 4,141
Any headphone that has detachable cable can run balanced with the balanced cable and amp. No need to take the phones apart. I've run virtually every headphone I've owned balanced at one time or another.my Hifiman headphones run from speaker taps on a power amp.

Not only detachable cable HP's.  Also many cable with dual sided cables.  Almost single sided need to be rewired...

beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,122 of 4,141

Actually I'm pretty certain the serials are completely randomized below the 550 marker - they stated they would guarantee the first 500 a number under 550 but at the same time the actual number you receive if you do get one will be drawn at random rather than in order of purchase. I think given all the issues they ran into this is the best way to go about it but I can see it being disappointing to some (when I miraculously got my order confirmation 15 seconds after the drop initiated the marker said there had been 2 purchases prior to mine, I was the third).

I can confirm serial numbers are random. I have one of the low ones and have confirmed at least 2 people with lower order numbers than me that got higher serial numbers, but below 550.

Dec 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,123 of 4,141
  I can confirm serial numbers are random. I have one of the low ones and have confirmed at least 2 people with lower order numbers than me that got higher serial numbers, but below 550.

It seemed that way to me as well. While I'm happy that I got below 500, it should not have been that close to 500 based off my order number. 

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #2,124 of 4,141
Why is everyone obsessed about serial numbers.  All of my headphones have them and I cannot hear any of them...

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,126 of 4,141
Dec 20, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,129 of 4,141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back