Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 11, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,651 of 4,141
Audio is all subjective opinion, am I not allowed to express my opinion on something?  I know this website is full of elitists, but meh just thought I would give my opinion, I hook it up, I plug headphone, it sounds amazing "compared" to other things I have tried, including Dragonfly Black... which is what my response was to, but I also understand mobile needs of Fulla 2 would not work in his situation, which is fine, Black does sound great, just not as great imo for @MattTCG

Really I just wanted some more detail than saying the latest new exciting piece of gear is "better." why's it sound better? What specifically is it about the sound that is "better" to you than a bifrost/Asgard 2 setup? Without any details these kinds of posts feel a little bit like being caught up in the new gear excitement.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #1,652 of 4,141
Really I just wanted some more detail than saying the latest new exciting piece of gear is "better." why's it sound better? What specifically is it about the sound that is "better" to you than a bifrost/Asgard 2 setup? Without any details these kinds of posts feel a little bit like being caught up in the new gear excitement.

fair enough I am new to this hobby, so I can't give details, I just the sound signature better

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,653 of 4,141
Can you repair these easily/semi-inexpensively like the HD 650?

I'll be on the look out for people unhappy with their 6XX so I can gift a pair to my dad for Christmas. But if something happens to them and the warranty is non-transferable, it would be useful to know if they could be repaired fairly easily.

Thanks!

Idk if there will be another drop soon, but i've had to settle with HD 598s meanwhile. I can still return them by mid Jan. I also don't know how different the sound of the 650 is to the 598s. But I heard that the 650/6XX is as close as i'll get to the LCD-2s signature under $300, and the LCD-2 sound is what my dad likes.

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #1,654 of 4,141

I'll be on the look out for people unhappy with their 6XX so I can gift a pair to my dad for Christmas. But if something happens to them and the warranty is non-transferable, it would be useful to know if they could be repaired fairly easily.

Thanks!

Idk if there will be another drop soon, but i've had to settle with HD 598s meanwhile. I can still return them by mid Jan. I also don't know how different the sound of the 650 is to the 598s. But I heard that the 650/6XX is as close as i'll get to the LCD-2s signature under $300, and the LCD-2 sound is what my dad likes.

I probably will sell mine within a couple weeks of getting it in the mail. So PM me early January.  I already know they will sound good, but I am fond of my SHP-9500 with HM5 leather pads, my 9500s have better imaging and sound stage, though overall the HD650 is loads better I admit, in clarity especially. I just do not care though, I am soundstage/imaging fiend, its all I live for :D

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,655 of 4,141

I probably will sell mine within a couple weeks of getting it in the mail. So PM me early January.  I already know they will sound good, but I am fond of my SHP-9500 with HM5 leather pads, my 9500s have better imaging and sound stage, though overall the HD650 is loads better I admit, in clarity especially. I just do not care though, I am soundstage/imaging fiend, its all I live for :D

Which one do find more comfortable?

Dec 11, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #1,656 of 4,141

Why did you take an HD6xx from someone who actually wants one when you don't want one? That was a very sleazy thing to do.

Dec 11, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,657 of 4,141

Thanks!

One of the advantages of the HD600 series.  All part are replaceable and available.  The HD6XX are no different...

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,658 of 4,141

Haha thank you! I'll try to save your comment just in case!

I've heard good things about the SHP as a budget pair. Hows the sound?

Dec 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,660 of 4,141

Oh awesome! Thank you. 

Could I just use the same parts as the 650? Or does sennheiser sell parts specifically for the 6XX?

HD6XX for all practical purposes is a HD650.  Only difference is paint and cables...

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #1,661 of 4,141

Why did you take an HD6xx from someone who actually wants one when you don't want one? That was a very sleazy thing to do.

Because I did not own proper amps the last time I tried it out, this time I do, but I still doubt it will give me the imaging I desire.  Also, the free markets rule the world and I can do w.e the hell I want with my money... Trump nation baby lulz

Haha thank you! I'll try to save your comment just in case!

I've heard good things about the SHP as a budget pair. Hows the sound?

Stock sound is ok at best, but pop off the stock earpads and put on HM5 leather pads, pair it with a decent amp/dac and it will slam in the bass, while maintaining greater imaging/soundstage, and the vocals sizzle but not high enough to be fatiguing.

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,662 of 4,141
The first 1,000 units will be sent as outlined below based on the early joiners of the drop.  

Group 1: First 500 Purchasers, Serial Numbers <550

These will go to the first 500 people who were able to successfully join the drop. You can figure this out by going to your Transactions page (https://www.massdrop.com/transactions) to see if your transaction number is below MD-30891-1447594.

Group 2: First 500 Attempted Purchasers, Serial numbers <1100

This one was a little tricky and required a bit of data pulling, but these will be allotted to members in the drop based on their attempted join time, regardless of the time they successfully joined the drop.

I'm 237 over the number, but I wasn't successful on my first attempt, so hopefully mine will be going out as Group 2.  They're all soon anyway!

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,663 of 4,141

Because I did not own proper amps the last time I tried it out, this time I do, but I still doubt it will give me the imaging I desire.  Also, the free markets rule the world and I can do w.e the hell I want with my money... Trump nation baby lulz

You are not funny. I'm sorry, but given how many people wanted to get the HD6xx and you got one but most likely will sell it is just smarmy. I say it like it is. You should never have gotten in as part of the drop over someone who did want this.

Dec 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,664 of 4,141

You are not funny. I'm sorry, but given how many people wanted to get the HD6xx and you got one but most likely will sell it is just smarmy. I say it like it is. You should never have gotten in as part of the drop over someone who did want this.

His last 4 words said it all.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #1,665 of 4,141

His last 4 words said it all.

lol yep.  Get over it.  I may end up keeping it if my new amp pairs well with it, and I think it will

Also, how anyone spends there money is none of your business, you think you are free from guilt in this world? You know that computer your typing on right now has a mineral in it called coltan, 80% of the worlds supply of this mineral comes from the Congo, where warlords have raped 2/3 of the women and horrors and pains none of us could ever imagine, this mineral is what makes our phones run, anything electronic. I know this is unrelated, just get off your high and mighty horse, seriously. None of us are free from sin, I have every right to make money, and spend it on the same item twice, to see if it sounds better on a different amp, and if it doesn't I will sell it to that chap who didn't get in at a few bucks off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back