Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,067 of 4,141

No, his analogy is not correct.  Someone who misses out on a Black Friday deal because they weren't in line early enough could have done more, they could have shown up earlier.  People who were waiting at 9AM for this drop then tried to buy them for several hours could have done nothing more; they were screwed over by random chance.  It's even worse when you consider someone coming in after 9AM and managing to get lucky and get one, which would then be akin to my analogy.  People wouldn't be complaining if the servers were fine and they were just too slow to click through the pages to order one, which is the internet version of getting in line.  That was the standard people expected, a race rather than a lottery.

I still think your analogy is wrong. For all we know there could have been 5,000+ people waiting for it to start. All those people placing orders at the exact same time is what F'd their servers. After that it was a free for all with those who got lucky and those who missed. No right or wrong about it.

They are doing a VERY admirable job trying to fix it.

Everyone saying "I was definitely one of the first 500" have no fricken clue if that's true or not.

I was one of the last ones to get in. I know this because when the order went through and I was supposed to go back to the drop page, the page was not there because the drop was over.

Nov 10, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #1,069 of 4,141
  There are all sorts of delicate business matters that may prevent Sennheiser from making more HD6XX drops. Like for example:
1. Official Sennheiser dealers, middlemen and importers complaining about losing their sells.
2. Sennheiser itself may fear that flooding the market with cheap HD6XX will cannibalize sells of their other models.
3. Sennheiser's customers unhappy that their HD650 are loosing resell value.

Agree with your points there...

Who knows? Maybe these HD6XXs are existing stock awaiting clearance and HD698s announced in 2017... 
tongue.gif

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #1,071 of 4,141

You ok there? You seem a little rattled that someone's servers couldn't handle an influx of like 10000 people attempting to purchase a pair of version of a 13 year old pair of headphones you would otherwise not have access to if not for the joke of a company you apparently dislike. People are always so mad when someone isn't prepared (for whatever reason that may be) for something big - Massdrop had never dealt with something of this proportion obviously, so they will now work to fix it, not just for your sake, maybe not for your sake at all, but for their own so that they can sell even more than they already do and thrive as a business.

Everyone has had shortcomings, or are you a joke because you have made mistakes in the past? Or have you not? Calm yourself down before you criticize people for trying to do good, they took a chance and brought something to us that everyone seemingly want(ed). They failed, they are attempting to make good on their mistakes the best they can and half the return answers/reactions they get are short-sighted remarks by people who demand every service they have brought to them be done so flawlessly on a silver platter.

Nice an' I totally agree!
I wonder if this discussion will ever get back to the actual HP's?

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,073 of 4,141
Once-and-a-while Sennheiser seems to push there product into the market at a heavy discount or even loss. I've seen the HD598 got for under $100 CAD new for Black Friday sales. This is the first time they've had a high-end product at this price.

Personally, I feel the HD650s are a $400 CAD headphone. I would even pay a bit more if they were more premium in build, because they are damn near perfect for price-and-value. 

i've bought them used for $300 and then $250. But those are rare deals. And so is this.

Sennheiser can't devalue its product, but it helps to spread the word like this. Already a number of YouTube videos (like the one below) that have popped up with hundreds of thousands of views praising these headphones. Good for Sennheiser!

And really we should support them, we can't just count on Apple to innovate :wink:

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #1,074 of 4,141
Once-and-a-while Sennheiser seems to push there product into the market at a heavy discount or even loss. I've seen the HD598 got for under $100 CAD new for Black Friday sales. This is the first time they've had a high-end product at this price.

HD598 is their low mid tier product at best, hardly considered their high end :p

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #1,075 of 4,141

​By that definition I would the 10,000 joiner since my number is 14578xx although I click joined within 4 minutes (at that time it was still below 500) although it didn't go through, however I received the email that I can rejoin back yesterday..

The order ID counts every MassDrop order, so it seems like there were around 5000 orders for other products between the time the HD6xx drop ended and when they generated your order ID (around 2 days?). You'd also have to include all the (700-ish?) duplicate orders (which had their own order ID but were all manually removed).

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,076 of 4,141
  Still waiting for payment.................

Step 1: Please go to your “Transactions” tab and press the “Edit Address” button to fill out the address related to the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX drop. You will have until November 11th at 11:59PM Pacific Time to complete Step 1, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 2: After performing step 1, you will be receiving a “Problem processing your payment on Massdrop” email on November 12th to verify your payment information. You will have until November 12th at 11:59PM Pacific Time to complete your payment, otherwise your order will be cancelled.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #1,077 of 4,141

Step 1: Please go to your “Transactions” tab and press the “Edit Address” button to fill out the address related to the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX drop. You will have until November 11th at 11:59PM Pacific Time to complete Step 1, otherwise your order will be cancelled.
Step 2: After performing step 1, you will be receiving a “Problem processing your payment on Massdrop” email on November 12th to verify your payment information. You will have until November 12th at 11:59PM Pacific Time to complete your payment, otherwise your order will be cancelled.

I believe I have my information filled up but I didn't receive any email from Massdrop saying "Problem processing your parment on Massdrop". Anything I miss out?? Thanks for the input! 

Edit : 

AlexPeterkin3885Outreach

2d​
more_horiz​

CuriousCynicism

Correct. Everything is on pause right now until the duplicate transactions and everything is taken care of. Once those clear then the payments will be captured for everyone.

I guess I have nothing to worry about as of now. I think. Then what about the second step listed above about verifying payment? It's my first time purchasing from MD btw.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #1,078 of 4,141
HD598 is their low mid tier product at best, hardly considered their high end :p

Yes. I was referring that while it isn't uncommon for Sennheiser to arrange a large mass sale (Amazon HD598 Black Friday deals), this is the first time they've done this for a higher end model (HD650).

Though I do recall a very good HD700 sale a while back.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #1,079 of 4,141

I believe I have my information filled up but I didn't receive any email from Massdrop saying "Problem processing your parment on Massdrop". Anything I miss out?? Thanks for the inpu

I guess I have nothing to worry about as of now. I think. Then what about the second step listed above about verifying payment? It's my first time purchasing from MD btw.

You need to look under your Transactions, located in the upper right side of the Massdrop page to the right of the bell icon, and if you are part of this drop you will see "Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones" listed. If you are you need to make sure your address is shown correctly underneath the shipping information. If it is not click on the edit address on the top right side of page and fill out your address information.

The "Problem processing your payment on Massdrop" will be an email sent out on Saturday the 12th to the email address you have listed with Massdrop. You will have until 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time on the 12th to complete your payment. Otherwise your order will be cancelled.

This is not how the system usually works on Massdrop but due to the major problems with this drop that is how you will need to complete your transaction.

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #1,080 of 4,141
  No offence. Just a matter of curiosity, what is HD6xx from your point of view in spite of the emerging of highly regarded cans like X2,HE400S, or even Elear in these years?

To put it simple: I like HD650 but couldn't afford it (it's like $550+ here).

X2: I like the bass and it doesn't need pricier amp. I even about to buy it. But still, I think I like HD650 vocal more.
HE400S: costly here, not far from HD650 price. Also, based on what I've been told probably I won't like it
Elear: unicorn

Personally I think HD650 is fantastic already, anything better than it probably cost too much for me.
Now coupled with $200 price tag, you see HD6XX has high chance to be my end game for loong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back