Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 10, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,036 of 4,141
In my opinion I think they handled the aftermath well, and seems like a lot of people (like myself) who were on the page at 6 and didn't get it, are getting emails to participate in the drop. I can understand why people are ticked off, but not everyone is going to be happy.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,039 of 4,141
I got an email from MD saying there will be more runs, however future runs won't have serial numbers on them probably.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,041 of 4,141
  It is kinda like other events in life, "It's rigged unless I win".

Nice (and timely) analogy!

Got to agree that its entertaining seeing people rage (and then stop): 

"Oh #$*&, I got royally screwed by those $#*&s at MassDrop, they are the worst excuse for a business EVER, and I will never participate in another drop, in fact I'm closing my account forever........oh, I just got an email telling me I'm in, MassDrop are awesome, they handled this situation entirely fairly and people complaining are just jerks and sore losers."  

I tried right at the very start of the drop but it has not showed up in my transactions, nor did I get the email.  That's just how life works sometimes but, for heaven's sake people hurling abuse at MassDrop, try to have a little perspective. It's just headphones for $140 off the Amazon price, not life or death.  From what I've read on the MassDrop site, they have been working very diligently to try to allocate stock in the fairest and most impartial way they can given the data available to them.  They could have been a whole lot more cavalier and done things that would have been easier (for them) but they have been very open with their communication and tried hard to find a fair solution.  

Anyway, I hope that they do another drop soon and that they find some way to prioritize those of us who were denied because of their "system issues" as I think that would be consistent with their stated aim of fairness.  But que sera, sera.

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,043 of 4,141
  Nice (and timely) analogy!

Got to agree that its entertaining seeing people rage (and then stop): 

"Oh #$*&, I got royally screwed by those $#*&s at MassDrop, they are the worst excuse for a business EVER, and I will never participate in another drop, in fact I'm closing my account forever........oh, I just got an email telling me I'm in, MassDrop are awesome, they handled this situation entirely fairly and people complaining are just jerks and sore losers."  

I tried right at the very start of the drop but it has not showed up in my transactions, nor did I get the email.  That's just how life works sometimes but, for heaven's sake people hurling abuse at MassDrop, try to have a little perspective. It's just headphones for $140 off the Amazon price, not life or death.  From what I've read on the MassDrop site, they have been working very diligently to try to allocate stock in the fairest and most impartial way they can given the data available to them.  They could have been a whole lot more cavalier and done things that would have been easier (for them) but they have been very open with their communication and tried hard to find a fair solution.  

Anyway, I hope that they do another drop soon and that they find some way to prioritize those of us who were denied because of their "system issues" as I think that would be consistent with their stated aim of fairness.  But que sera, sera.

Exactly, so many people where saying crap like "I don't even know what to do now" or asking how Massdrop was planning to compensate people who missed out because their servers got blown to bits. Jesus people, they are headphones, get over it and move on with your lives! 

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,044 of 4,141
  Exactly, so many people where saying crap like "I don't even know what to do now" or asking how Massdrop was planning to compensate people who missed out because their servers got blown to bits. Jesus people, they are headphones, get over it and move on with your lives! 

Pain and suffering lawsuits . That would be much methinks. Compensation by another drop of $198 a pop

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,046 of 4,141
What is REALLY impressive is they sold 5K of headphones in a matter or around 2 hrs, their servers melted, and they totally had NO clue
this was going to happen.

I mean I figured things would go but to very well but to sell 5K in +/1-2 hours? Now that is impressive... They probably could have sold another 5K on top of that!

As I stated before I can only hope this experience leads Sennheiser to make more drops and to have a Drop for the HD800s sometime in the future...
They have seen the desire for quality made products at a REALLY reasonable price.

I hope multiple lessons were learned, starting with a better server system...

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,048 of 4,141
Maybe there will be another drop using all the extra deleted orders. My second order (site glitch) was cancelled.

They already stated they are going to send emails to those who tried to join earliest, but were unable to, and give them a chance to join the drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back