Sennheiser RS180 - Usability Issues
Feb 7, 2010 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vladt

New Head-Fier
Howdy All,

Yesterday I've finally received a RS180. What a great set of headphones this is. The clarity and reproduction do not degrade over wireless. Finally the set is out that can be compared to a wired set of headphones.

However, I am having a slight usability issues. The manual stipulates that both receiver and the headphones need to be turned on (via push of the button) to bring them out of stand by. This seems cumbersome. I was expecting, that as soon as the headphones are lifted from the receiver, they will automatically come out of stand by and start receiving sound.

So far in order to listen to headphones one need to do the following:

Lift up headphones -> push stand by button on a receiver -> push a stand by button on a headphones -> a second later headphones will start receiving sound.

If anyone here has RS160/170 or 180, please confirm that this how they mean to operate. Otherwise, I might just have a faulty set.

The headphones automatically go back in stand by after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Much appreciate any help

Cheers
vladt

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Lift up headphones -> push stand by button on a receiver -> push a stand by button on a headphones -> a second later headphones will start receiving sound.

If anyone here has RS160/170 or 180, please confirm that this how they mean to operate. Otherwise, I might just have a faulty set.

The headphones automatically go back in stand by after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Hi,

What you got is correct, my RS 180 behaves the same way as written on CD instruction manual.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 4
"There is the rub". I bought them last week and it was issues like that that took me hours of attempting to get it to work. Your gig is fine.  Are you pressing the bottom of the 3 buttons  on the front of the transmitter and at the same time the connector button of the earphones for at least 7 seconds at the same time?  Still then you need to wait 30 seconds and it connects.  I've found its best to not turn it off as long as I use them, or get used to the minor drawback, hell, your Great-Granny would have loved them even with the 7 second push buttons and the 30 second wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back