Sennheiser recable & refoamer
Dec 28, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 34
I havent bothered taking any plunges and I've left my HD580's and all other headphones well alone, as the 'manufacturer' intended...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 34
I've done them both.

I replaced the foam with a piece from tights.

Dec 28, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Edit: And, more importantly, I love how they sound stock...

...and probably have no idea how they sound after doing these two little mods.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
rolleyes.gif

Beat me to it!
icon10.gif

No offense, NotJeffBuckley, but you should at least try the defoaming mod. It's for free & easily reversable if you don't like it. For me it was going from
smily_headphones1.gif
to
600smile.gif
with all my bigger Senns. It is all about what you like, but do not deminish your experience by not trying the easily tried.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
rolleyes.gif

Why would I want to change something I enjoy already, devaluing it and voiding the warranty? I can't afford to re-buy them if something breaks along the way after I've homebrewed something.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Why would I want to change something I enjoy already, devaluing it and voiding the warranty? I can't afford to re-buy them if something breaks along the way after I've homebrewed something.

These are simple, completely reversible mods. There's no way you'd void the warranty unless you have chainsaws for hands.

On most amps the Senns sound best overall with the Zu cable and stock foam
icon10.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #14 of 34
I defoamed my 580s. Highs are notably clearer and the cans may be slightly brighter, but it's not like any giant veil was released. Haven't done anything with the cable and have no plans to in the near future. Amp comes first.

Dec 28, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
On most amps the Senns sound best overall with the Zu cable and stock foam
icon10.gif

I feel this way now, only about higher end amps. I liked replaced foam "sound" from an M3, but on my SLAM, the Senns were too bright (I went back to stock foam).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back