Sennheiser PX360 vs AKG 451 or something else?
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

battleaxe

100+ Head-Fier
I purchased some Sennheiser HD360 Pro(which maybe just rebranded PX360) today and after letting is burn if for about 8 hours, I wanted to see how it initially sounded. For the most part it is pretty nice, but the bass is a bit fatiguing, and muddying for my taste. The balance is nice and sound stage is alright. I had just returned some Pioneer HDJ500, which I found a little better than the 360, but the bass on that after 20 hours of burn-in were a bit on heavier side for my taste. On the other hand they are bit more balanced vs 360. Both are very comfortable to wear with excellent build.  

That said would the AKG 451 offer a similar balance sound, I am looking for, while being a bit clear & wider, without having bass that is over heavy, or fatiguing? Or is there something else in the $100 range that meets what I am looking for better? 

I currently have Sennheiser HD465(really durable), and Klipsch X5, so I am not really partially to any brand, but do prefer something not overly large or overly colored sound. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back