sennheiser px100: too much bass
Feb 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HellofaMouse

New Head-Fier
morning guys.

first of all, wasnt sure if this was the right place to open this, so if it isnt, im sorry.

moving on to my question, as the title says, i was using px100-ii's since 08 (i believe), and last week, the cable was gone for good.
i can get it fixed ofc, but b4 i go tru that trouble, wanted to research a little first.

my taste in music changed alot during the years using px100, and i dont want the bass it provides anymore. my technical knowledge in audio doesnt go any further than identifying bass and treble, so im not capable of making my own mind.

what i want is, similar or better sound quality with less bass than px100-ii's. loved these when i was a metal-head, bu theyre not as much fun with electronic music. (daft punk-ish)

tnx in advance :)

ps: i dont mind them being bigger since im mainly gonna use them in front of my pc.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Heya,

Equalize the frequencies of 200hz and below down a few decibels.

Same quality.

Less bass.

Free.

Very best,

Quote:
And bump up the highs a bit maybe as well. I find them quite recessed.

That is exactly what I used to do with my old PX100 originals and PortaPros. Good advice people!  

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 8
hey again guys.
ty all for the input.

eq. solution would be fine if i was gonna use it on pc only. but im gonna use it with my phone, my mp3 player, laptop, ds etc.
so finding a good app with an equalizer for all these devices can be a pita. and since im gonna spend money to fix my px100 anyways, id rather use it to buy a new headphone. with less bass ofc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back