Sennheiser PX 100 vs. Koss Porta Pro - The Ultimate Thread
Jul 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #31 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDeeson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me if a 75 Ohm adaptor is a benefit for the sq of the porta pros? Or do the need more than 75 Ohm?
If so I would buy one.
What is the benefit in higher impedance through Ohm resistors in general?
I couldnt find informations on it here on head-fi.

I know its a LITTLE offtopic but could someone please answer me?
sorry for noobness..

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #33 of 51
graphCompare.php

Could someone explain me wich of the both are better, just technically..

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #35 of 51
I voted for the px100's for 3 reasons:

1) Comfort: The px100's have head cushions, whereas the Porta-Pros do not. The Porta-pros also had a problem with my hair, which doesn't happen with the px100's simpler design.

2) Portability: The px100 hard case>the portapro bag, imo. Don't have to worry about them getting squashed in your bag.

3) Looks: The portapros don't look bad...just a little excessively complicated. I don't like the little "comfortzone" switch at the top-I never used it, just seemed unnecessary. I just like the px100's simpler design better.

SQ-wise though...I think it's just preference. There's no real better or worse imo.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #37 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow the poll has really turned around
smily_headphones1.gif

oh yes it did
biggrin.gif

just because of bumping the thread a little so everyone recognize it..

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #38 of 51
Both are excellent portable headphones, but between the two, the Porta Pro wins for me. The Senns are a little more portable as they can fold down into a small case, but I prefer the sound of the Koss. The Porta Pro has fun, deep syrupy bass and is fairly warm, which makes it easy to listen to for long periods without ear fatigue. The PX100 is a little more neutral, less bassy, and exhibits what I would consider a "dry" sound.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #39 of 51
I have the PortaPros with the PX200 cushions on them. Let me just say, these are awesome headphones! The bass always makes me smile. I never have tried the PX100 though, so I can't comment on those.

Just like I always say, "If you can feel them on your head, your not wearing them right!"

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #40 of 51
OK I own both now, I just wanted to know which I really like better without all the bias.
When I bought the Sennheiser PX 100 I expected them not to be that dark!
Here, I really like the clarity of my Porta Pros more. May it be cause I kramer modded them and they already have a good burn in?

Who else has expiriences like that?

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #41 of 51
I found replacing the stock pads of the PX100 with thinner, tighter ones (those that normally come with the much despised airline kind of cans, if it makes sense) adds a bit clarity in addition to the control of bass. Just my very casual observation and I don't know if it's accurate.

That said, the stock sound of the PX100 is not that bad. A different type of taste from the KSC75, but not bad at all.

Disclaimer: I didn't vote not having a pair of the PortaPro. Maybe I should consider a change?

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #42 of 51
Even though porta pros out of the box might sound better, the pro's are a modder's best friend.
My sister broke hers last year, so I decided to bring it back to life.
Took the drivers out kramer modded them, opened some sony mdr 500 I got from my uni's radio. I took some decent cable and recabled them, even made the cable single sided.

ANd the result was quite stunning, even though the porta pros are meant to be semi open. The result was quite bassy (thats the porta pro soul) but the rest of the sound was quite nice.
So my vote goes to the porta pro because they are fun to mod and sound good (recabling htem helps a lot too).

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #43 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even though porta pros out of the box might sound better, the pro's are a modder's best friend.
My sister broke hers last year, so I decided to bring it back to life.
Took the drivers out kramer modded them, opened some sony mdr 500 I got from my uni's radio. I took some decent cable and recabled them, even made the cable single sided.

ANd the result was quite stunning, even though the porta pros are meant to be semi open. The result was quite bassy (thats the porta pro soul) but the rest of the sound was quite nice.
So my vote goes to the porta pro because they are fun to mod and sound good (recabling htem helps a lot too).

maybe you want to show us some pictures?
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #45 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaraZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comfortability and stay-on-your-head-ability...Which one wins?

When mine are in position....I cant feel them at all, except at the ears a bit (of course!). If you get them relatively tight on your head, they don't come off easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back