Sennheiser Plugs/connectors
Jul 14, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #31 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ech0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ebay: Cardas HPSC

Edit: There's other vendors that sell them too, but, I think the name is enough to get you where you want to go.

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #32 of 122
If one believes in the quality of cable makes audible differences, would the connector at the headphone not come into play as a potential bottle neck. Could one hardwire directly to the driver and circumnavigate the replacement plug business. Sure, you would be married to that cable config for a while, but do folks 'cable roll' with their headphones. Also, I understand this would be another level of sophistication of skill set too... But if we are agreeing that the cable matters so much, wouldn't you want to connect it directly to the driver?

Or, what if you installed a m/f mini xlr connector ( more widely available, no ? ), the ultrasone threaded mini connector... just a couple thoughts...

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #33 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcheadle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If one believes in the quality of cable makes audible differences, would the connector at the headphone not come into play as a potential bottle neck. Could one hardwire directly to the driver and circumnavigate the replacement plug business. Sure, you would be married to that cable config for a while, but do folks 'cable roll' with their headphones. Also, I understand this would be another level of sophistication of skill set too... But if we are agreeing that the cable matters so much, wouldn't you want to connect it directly to the driver?

Or, what if you installed a m/f mini xlr connector ( more widely available, no ? ), the ultrasone threaded mini connector... just a couple thoughts...

I know you might post something maybe three times a year, but it didn't take six months to write that.

I hope you don't think your the first to think or do your suggestion. There is a sound science forum for a reason, to keep the cable argument far away from here.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #34 of 122
just posing the question, my dear boy. perhaps there is another angle of attack to the problem.

replying to comment on an opinion somehow elevates this discussion ?

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #35 of 122
Quote:

Some of the weaknesses of bad cable show off in long runs. So, it's not the same a 1 inch connector than 9 feet of cable. For instance, an interconnect made with high capacitance cable will be fine if it's short but will roll off the highs if it's very long. In the same way, you need an interconnect with good noise rejection if it's long but not if it's very short. So, even if the connector is not good you still benefit from using good cable.

However, I'm no EE so you may find people with more knowledge than me in the Science forum.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #36 of 122
Quote:

just posing the question, my dear boy. perhaps there is another angle of attack to the problem.

replying to comment on an opinion somehow elevates this discussion ?

I don't believe the topic was your opinion on cables. It was about the Cardas Sennheiser connectors. The problem was their price. Of course you could hard wire the cable. Someone who believes in cables might want to update one day easily, which is what the OP wants. I'm 99.9% sure that these respectable members knew that they could wire to the drivers directly.

As for whether or not it helps/hurts quality, I will save that for another thread where it is meant to be discussed. Since that would not be the DIY forum, I suggest the sound science forum where everyone goes to discuss these things.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #37 of 122
Quote:

Ok, I scoured forum and couldn't find anything with sites that worked.

I would like to buy two sets of connectors, but I think that $32 is a bit much for the plugs offered. I could build them from scratch, but would prefer not to.

Is there anyone offering a better price on these?

Thanks guys!

If the OP is considering building them from scratch, alternative approaches to the problem are not OT, though agreed, the are apparently focused on the Senn plugs. Diego - thanks for the clarification on the cable.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #38 of 122
She already sold her HD590s.

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #39 of 122
Actually, I am looking for where to get just the pins for the sennheiser connectors. I might be getting a set of HD600 as a set of tester headphones since there is basically no way they are dethroning my favorites. I have ways to create my own molds and use either injection plastic or resin (thanks to my Art major roommate who just got into the New York Academy of art Masters program - so proud of her).

So yeah - this is a REALLY old thread.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #40 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I am looking for where to get just the pins for the sennheiser connectors. I might be getting a set of HD600 as a set of tester headphones since there is basically no way they are dethroning my favorites. I have ways to create my own molds and use either injection plastic or resin (thanks to my Art major roommate who just got into the New York Academy of art Masters program - so proud of her).

So yeah - this is a REALLY old thread.

Actualy, as a cable making MOT, you should really be doing your own research on this and not asking the DIY comunity to do your work...
wink.gif

ps:reminds me of another well known MOT who just a few months before starting his cable making business was asking around for how to build a cable...
rolleyes.gif
but that's for another episode...
cool.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #41 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I scoured forum and couldn't find anything with sites that worked.

I would like to buy two sets of connectors, but I think that $32 is a bit much for the plugs offered. I could build them from scratch, but would prefer not to.

Is there anyone offering a better price on these?

Thanks guys!

That does seem high I would speculate it is because there are mold costs that have to be paid for. When I think about it I wonder why they made them to begin with? What could the demand be?

Anyone know where you can buy pure Silver Wire?

Thanks
Jack

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #42 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actualy, as a cable making MOT, you should really be doing your own research on this and not asking the DIY comunity to do your work...
wink.gif

ps:reminds me of another well known MOT who just a few months before starting his cable making business was asking around for how to build a cable...
rolleyes.gif
but that's for another episode...
cool.gif

Yeah. Its got to be a tough life as a vendor to be a limited part of the community.

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #43 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackthecat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know where you can buy pure Silver Wire?

Thanks
Jack

You can't buy it in this thread, but you can browse the DIY vendors list in the top of the DIY forum.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #44 of 122
Quick question, the picture shows a hole on the conenctor, what do you cover them up with? or is this exposed for display purposes? Am tempted to build my own cables and went as far as buying a spare cable for the 650's but wimped out.

da30_2.JPG

Regards

Matt

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #45 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewcarlrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, the picture shows a hole on the conenctor, what do you cover them up with? or is this exposed for display purposes? Am tempted to build my own cables and went as far as buying a spare cable for the 650's but wimped out.

Regards

Matt

Heatshrink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back