Sennheiser plug found?
Apr 7, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #196 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it be widely available. At Headroom, etc.?

The plugs are already widely available, if that's what you were talking about.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #199 of 218
bunbut, I'm sure you can use just about any non-conductive adhesive. When that info was first posted I did some looking for conductive hot glue, I have yet to come across it. I'm not saying it's out there but I don't get the impression that it's all that common.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #200 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The plugs are already widely available, if that's what you were talking about.

I dont supose anyone knows of where i can get hold of these plugs in the uk, cardas or otherwise??
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #201 of 218
I believe that the Ebay seller will ship world wide for a reasonable amount, I'd check with him. He's been nothing but great for me to deal with through multiple transactions. Check item #:250222673690.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #202 of 218
Quote:

I believe that the Ebay seller will ship world wide for a reasonable amount, I'd check with him. He's been nothing but great for me to deal with through multiple transactions. Check item #:250222673690.

woop woop, just purchased me a pair cheers fella...
icon10.gif
now ineed to get the pure silver wire in teflon.

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #203 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by onform /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woop woop, just purchased me a pair cheers fella...
icon10.gif
now ineed to get the pure silver wire in teflon.

Be interested in how you get on with your build, onform.

Apr 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #204 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be interested in how you get on with your build, onform.

will post an update and pics as soon as done.. i do however have to wait till pay day for cable lol... im practicing the weave though on basic cable probably an ic..
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #205 of 218
i've built several cables with the cardas connectors, and i like them a lot.
however, i wouldnt mind giving a try on the ones that jaben sells (or will sell). soldering job would be a lot easier on those. i've emailed jaben a few times and they dont know when theyre gonna have it in stock.

May 2, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #206 of 218
Quote:

bunbut, I'm sure you can use just about any non-conductive adhesive. When that info was first posted I did some looking for conductive hot glue, I have yet to come across it. I'm not saying it's out there but I don't get the impression that it's all that common.

I don't think it's commom. I did use hot glue on the new plugs, but not until I dabbed some out and checked it with an ohmmeter.
That's the problem with everything coming in from small sweatshops
in 3rd world countries. You don't know what you're getting.
I only found one package of gluesticks that had this problem a few years ago.
I went nuts trying to find a problem, and found the high resistance short.
I pulled the glue out to get to a connection, and the problem was gone.
I tested a stick, there it was!

May 21, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #207 of 218
what is the best way to remove heat glue? the reason i am asking is because:
i've built several senn cables using the cardas connectors. the last one has a slight problem. once in a while, when the wires very near the connectors are bent (happens when i look down or turn my head), the sound cuts off for split seconds.
i am guessing the soldering job was not done perfectly.
i want to re-do the soldering job but the heat glue is in there, and i dont know if i will be able to remove it. obviously, i will have to heat it but i want to know if there is a way to completely remove the glue without having any residue and without doing any damages to those fragile connectors.
thanks in advance.

May 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #208 of 218
tjumper,

I've experienced the same thing that you are with two of the cables that I've built. It's a very difficult repair, getting enough of the hot glue out that you can reheat the pins. I think the "problem" or at least the cause of the issue is Cardas's decision to coat the pins with their rhodium plating. Any one who has used their rhodium plated rcas knows that they take a lot of heat to get a good joint. I'm beginning to think that the same is true of these pins, which is unfortunate since too much heat on the pin makes in want to separate from the plastic surround.

I've had a reasonable about of luck reheating the hot glue with a heat gun and using a very small screw driver to pry out the hot glue. However, generally I've just cut off the connectors and resoldered on new ones. Expensive repair yes, but I wanted to make sure it was done right.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #210 of 218
while browsing thru sgheadphones forums, i found this page, and it is showing some good looking senn connectors. i dont know what kinda material was used but the soldering job will be several times easier, compared to the cardas connectors. too bad i dont understand chinese, and cant find the contact info on that website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back