Sennheiser MX50, MX560?
Jun 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KTamas

Head-Fier
Hi

So, I accidentally broke my KSC75s and I figured it's a good time to finally buy a PK2 which I wanted since quite awhile. However, the delivery will take at least a week (more likely two cause of international shipping) and till then I need something inexpensive and cheap to listen to, and I've stumbled upon the Sennheiser MX50s and the MX560s which are cheap enough. I used to have the MX500s which were pretty okay... anyone has ever listened to these two (or at last one of them)?

Thanks,
KTamas

Jun 3, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 3
So I got the MX 560s... for ~23 USD (just for comparison, I got my KSC75s for ~60 USD... these stuff are more expensive around here), it's quite okay so far. They seem a tad too big for my ears but they fit okay. The sound sig is rather cold, bit analytical, with nice mids, okay highs (lil' rolloff, but there is little to none sibillance which is great), and there is plenty of bass too, plus the infamous "Sennheiser veil". Even though I prefer a warm sig rather than cold, I'll survive with these until my PK2s (or OK3s?) arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back