Sennheiser Momentum
Feb 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ShinyRaichu

New Head-Fier
I've been looking into a few headphones for a while now and I've decided that the Momentum seem like a good set of headphones that I'd enjoy.
The thing is, I typically listen to the mainstream music like hip-hop, will I be dissapointed or what? Another pair of headphones that I'm considering are the V-Moda M100. Which would be better for me?

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 10
The Momentum's are very well built, light weight, and ever so
comfortable.  Sound is good -- warmish.  I think it would be
fine for hip hop, but maybe not neutral enough for classical
piano, for example.  I like the V-Modas quite well, but if comfort is key
then momentums have a leg up in my book.

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Both fairly well rated cans, neither are great bang / buck, both are attractive.

Are you looking for portable or for home / office? 

IMO almost all headphones benfit from an amp, might want to consider your source's ability to drive these options.

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 10
Second that on the amp. I used to think i didnt need them for my Sennheiser hd595s as they are only 50ohm. How wrong was i.

The amp just brings them to life, whatever you get headphone wise budget in an amp, i am using the Fiio e7 which offers amazing bang for buck

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
Both fairly well rated cans, neither are great bang / buck, both are attractive.

Are you looking for portable or for home / office? 

IMO almost all headphones benfit from an amp, might want to consider your source's ability to drive these options.

I'm probably going to spend an equal amount of time with them at home and in the street. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #6 of 10
I don't own either. The M100 thread seems to be full of happy customers, will suit pop sound. The new fold up design makes them very portable. They were designed to be used with iphones, etc, but still anything will benefit from better DAC / Amp.

The Senn case looks nice, but will be a lot more bulky.

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
How about comfort? I've been hearing good and bad about them in terms of comfort.

Depends on your ear size tbh, if you have larger ears they might not cup your ears and they may become "on-ear" headphones. In that case, there are other more comfortable options. If you have small to medium size ears, you should be fine with the comfort. For long uses, you might want to invest in some other pads for them, maybe velour for pretty breathing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back