sennheiser momentum vs sennheiser hd 25-1 II
Sep 10, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #16 of 25
For your purposes, source and music, I'd definitely opt for the Momentum. The HD 25 is a more aggressive headphone, and the mids are very forward, unlike the Momentum. The HD 25 is a monster for rock n roll and metal, but it wouldn't be my 1st (or last) choice for EDM.
But yet again it depends on the user's preferences, if they like more a aggressive sound or more relaxed sound. But with mods things change.

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 25
But yet again it depends on the user's preferences, if they like more a aggressive sound or more relaxed sound. But with mods things change.
True, but that's not what the OP asked. Nor did they give a sound preference. I just answered the question they presented.

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #20 of 25
Depends on what you're listening to. With rock music, the 25 is a far cry from boring. Tons of energy.
Bass is mostly into subbass with lack of impact and highs are too shouty. Overall they are meant to be studio - not for enjoyment. HD 2.10 are much more fun and less cost with exactly rock music in mind. Moreover HD 25 are old and outdated.

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #21 of 25
Bass is mostly into subbass with lack of impact and highs are too shouty. Overall they are meant to be studio - not for enjoyment. HD 2.10 are much more fun and less cost with exactly rock music in mind. Moreover HD 25 are old and outdated.
Different strokes for different folks. I don't find them shouty at all, and I enjoy them thoroughly most every day. I could care less about when they were released. If it works, it works. When I want to get the blood pumping at the gym with some AC DC, these do the trick every time.

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #22 of 25
Different strokes for different folks. I don't find them shouty at all, and I enjoy them thoroughly most every day. I could care less about when they were released. If it works, it works. When I want to get the blood pumping at the gym with some AC DC, these do the trick every time.
Gym pumping is done better with something wireless and darker in sound signature if you ask me. We talk aesthetic aural pleasure here.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #24 of 25
Highs are shouty? I've never heard anything like that even without the foam disks, but hey we all got different ear's.

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #25 of 25
First of the Mids, the Momentums have the more aggressive midrange while the HD 25 have the slightly more laidback midrange but when modded the HD 25 midrange because much more intimate and detailed, so the win goes to the HD 25, I would go so far as to say they are close to the HD 600 not 650. Bass, in the Bass region its a toss up as the Momentum's seem to have a slightly fuller bass but slightly flabby at times while on the other hand the HD25 do not have the fullness but have a tighter and more impactful low-end and when modded really really starts to shine in the Sub-Bass. Finally the highs, Now I agree that the Highs are much more aggressive in the HD 25 compared to the Momentum but is much more detailed and airier and when the HD 25 is modded (am going to post my mods later) becomes slightly less aggressive and leveled out and yes more detailed. So that is my opinion and notice how I include the modded Hd 25 and not any modded momentum's because I couldn't find any modding potential in those cans.
Hi, can you tell me which mods actually worked for you
thanks
david

Users who are viewing this thread

Back