Sennheiser Momentum vs ath-m50
Jun 6, 2014 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

lofthanza

100+ Head-Fier
Been searching for a while to find direct sonic Comparison between both headphones, but cant find any. Has anyone owned both?
I have the ath-m50 and want to buy the monentums, but dunno what to expect.

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 25
The momentums aren't quite as punchy in the low end, but they won't disappoint. The mids are much more forward and cleaner than the M50, and the treble isn't as sharp. The momentum is a great all-rounder portable headphone.

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 25
The momentums have a warmer sound with better midrange and clarity. Bass is controlled and present but not boomy. It also causes less fatigue than the m50's.

I loved the momentums but ended going for the m50x because of its comfort.

Good luck with your decision.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #6 of 25
Have both, the m50s are more v shaped, but the Momentums are hands down the much better headphone. Without the extended highs of the m50 they don't loose clarity, they sound much more refined.

The m50 is a great headphone for 100-150 dollars, the Momentum is a great headphone for its price range.

M50 < momentum

Jun 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 25
I have both and both sound good depending on how you want your music to sound... yes, that's a "no-help" answer, but you really should try them both and see what you like -- nobody ever ends-up with just one pair of headphone, so don't think about it too much.  Just on a side note, I got a pair of Momentums for my daughter -- she loves the way they sound on her iPhone and they're very comfortable.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 25
1. How about soundstage?
2. Which one is better suited for classic n pop music.
3. Do you consider th momentums an upgrade or a sidegrade to the the ath-m50?
4. One last question, which one of them would I be able to turn the volume louder without offending my ears?
Thank you very much!

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #11 of 25
1. How about soundstage?
2. Which one is better suited for classic n pop music.
3. Do you consider th momentums an upgrade or a sidegrade to the the ath-m50?
4. One last question, which one of them would I be able to turn the volume louder without offending my ears?
Thank you very much!

From memory:

1 Momentum but both don't have the largest soundstage as closed cans
2 Momentum is the more refined and pleasing headphone for these genres, the level of refinement is greater
3 Upgrade
4 no idea, but can test that in the coming week and do a side by side.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back