Sennheiser Momentum vs ath-m50
Jun 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #17 of 25
1. How about soundstage?
2. Which one is better suited for classic n pop music.
3. Do you consider th momentums an upgrade or a sidegrade to the the ath-m50?
4. One last question, which one of them would I be able to turn the volume louder without offending my ears?
Thank you very much!

1. I think Momentum has a better soundstage but not a night and day difference
2. I love my ATH-M50 and listen to all genres so i'd go with M50s.
3. No
4. Momentum

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #18 of 25
I had the M50s for a little while and thought the sound was too stuck inside my head. I sent them back. I bought the momentum and I love them and kept them because there was to my ears a wider soundstage.

The M50 sounds punchier with a more sealed sound. The Momentum has a more refined, warmer, sweeter sound that I personally preferred.

But that was the old M50

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #19 of 25
Has any of you come across the dt-1350?
How do they compare to the momentums?
I do happen to have the dt-1350 along with the ath-m50, and I wanna make sure I am getting a better sounding headphones than both?

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #20 of 25
You already have two very good headphones. I personally prefer the momentum to both. The Momentum has a rich sound that I really like. The M50s have a tight grip around the head and a more sealed congested sound that I did not like as much. 1350 has a nice balance sound, but not as rich. But you should go to Best Buy and try a Momentum to see if you would agree.

Dec 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #22 of 25
I cannot decide. I tried on 20 pairs of headphones all in the 300 dollar price range and I personally felt my technica's sounded so much better than all of them besides the seinheiser hd 7s. I can't decide either if I should buy the Momentums because I don't know if it will really be an upgrade. I have a friend who will sell me his for 150.00. Can anyone help?? 

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #23 of 25
  I cannot decide. I tried on 20 pairs of headphones all in the 300 dollar price range and I personally felt my technica's sounded so much better than all of them besides the seinheiser hd 7s. I can't decide either if I should buy the Momentums because I don't know if it will really be an upgrade. I have a friend who will sell me his for 150.00. Can anyone help?? 

is it the on-ear or over-ear? if it's the on-ear, I wouldn't do it for $150 used. for the over-ear momentums, $150 is a great price (50% off MSRP).

Dec 16, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #25 of 25
They are over ear are they that much better than the technicas?

Really depends what you are looking for. I have both the ATH-M50X and the Momentum over ear. The Momentum is better for me, but not by an awful lot. I would rather try to go with something different....

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back