Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 4
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #121 of 125
Thanks for Techincs reccomendation. Will keep an eye on those.

One other thing I would also like to comment.

I own MTW3 and I bought them in September ‘23. I find them more refined and somehow in a piece and musically satisying sounded more than other BT earbuds I tried, but I wasn’t totally satisfied with them as they sounded too soft and somehow uninvolving. OTOH, I always keep comming back to them. They was the reason why I bought MTW 4 for which I had hope that it will give what version 3 is missing.

It gives, but little…conditionally to speak. Why I said ‘conditionally’ is because my finding from few days ago with version 3 sound which reached around 1100-1200 hours of play. Around 800 hours I noticed some increase in definition, but it stayed for a day and disappear. Same happened every other week. Eventually it stayed somewhere in between and I thought this is it as they really passed very long way and further improvement is impossible to expect I thought. Well, I was wrong. They beautifully opened up beggining this week and stayed like that. I am talking about huge step forward. Soundstage is much wider, highs higher, bass and midrange much more defined and overall sound is more dynamic. I have impression that I can hear much more information too. All that at no expense for musicality. They are now so good that I am thinking to buy one or two more where they are still available on stock and keep them unused with battery in sleep mode for some future use when my current ones die.

All this bring me to MTW 4 which I sold and wondering now would their excessive bass amount and edgy sound calm down after some use. Who knows..

I understand that my words regarding very long burn in time of MTW 3 would sound impossible to some, but this is what I hear and it is not subtle, but very very noticeable. I don’t have the best ears for sure, but I think I know something as I am in hi fi for some 35 years and bern reviewing audio components in the 90’ for local magazines which doesn’t make me super-relevant, but at least I have some experience.

Just to say that my most significant burn in experience with headphones is with Grado RS1 some 10 years ago and they needed some 500 hours to come on song, but this little Senn MTW3 things wasn’t something for which I would say that should need so much time and even more, to sound that phenomenally good at the end.

Cannot wait for some comments on MTW4 sound after few hundreds hours of use.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #122 of 125
Guys, how MTW4 are compared to MTW3 regarding customization? I mean, for me ther MTW3 is pain the as* because there is no possibility to customize the buttons. It's default confiuration for touch when you are in a call ( phone or Microsoft Teams ) is to close the call and you cannot change that to "Mute". For me that often use the TWS for work it's really terrible and I personally changed to use my Jabra 85t due to that. I just se MTW3 when i want to listen to music on street/subway and so on but I really wanted to have only one TWS.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #123 of 125
Guys, how MTW4 are compared to MTW3 regarding customization? I mean, for me ther MTW3 is pain the as* because there is no possibility to customize the buttons. It's default confiuration for touch when you are in a call ( phone or Microsoft Teams ) is to close the call and you cannot change that to "Mute". For me that often use the TWS for work it's really terrible and I personally changed to use my Jabra 85t due to that. I just se MTW3 when i want to listen to music on street/subway and so on but I really wanted to have only one TWS.
the MTW4 is the same as the mtw3 - you can customize all the controls for media consumption, but not for phone calls.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #124 of 125
the MTW4 is the same as the mtw3 - you can customize all the controls for media consumption, but not for phone calls.
That's really sad, it's so basic for sennheiser for doing........ another point I forgot, in MTW3 I cannot set transparancy mode during calls and I keep talking too laud due to that on calls, is it the same as well?

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #125 of 125
That's really sad, it's so basic for sennheiser for doing........ another point I forgot, in MTW3 I cannot set transparancy mode during calls and I keep talking too laud due to that on calls, is it the same as well?
I'm pretty sure that works with the 4. But not 100%. But mostly sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back