Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #541 of 560
It is almost three months since I bought TW3 and they really sounded good for a day or two several times from when I bought them, but now after around 600 hours of play and some two weeks from when they last time sounded good, I’m afraid that this is it, but the sound is poor on definition and attack is very soft and that robs the life from music. Everything have some pillowy effect and music is blurred, hollow with overblown effect to the instruments.

Dynamic is good and sound is breathing, but that high amount of softness hold everything back. Listening to rock music is really impossible.

I don’t understand how they were performed really well for short period time and then everything collapsed again.

I would like, but I cannot believe that this little phones need more than 600 hours to come on song.

Dec 5, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #542 of 560
I’ve since changed back to the stock tips. The Comply tips definitely improve the isolation, but just dull down the sound overall. I used the Comply tips for a month or so, then one day went back to the stock tips and the sound improvement was immediately apparent.
I've been using shallow dual flange tips for over a year now. As far as I can tell, they are cheapo tips with a pretty wide bore, but they seal well and sound excellent - let the bass thump and leave the treble airy.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #543 of 560
Has anyone had mic issues with these? I use them pretty heavily for work calls (using Teams, sometimes via iPhone and others via a BTD 600 adapter in a Windows laptop) and lately I've been getting complaints that my mic is too low. It seems to be intermittent but often enough that I've stopped trusting them for that use.

A shame because they sound great and I'd really only rather have 1 set of buds/phones in my bag on a work day.

Dec 13, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #544 of 560
Lately one bud has been cutting out a few seconds during any listening session. Could be either side, haven't tested if it has to do with which bud I take out first.

Re-paired them, same thing.

Anybody else?

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #545 of 560
Hi all.

I am now going on my 2nd pair of Momentum 3s since around May 2022 from Amazon but I'm now returning my current (1st!) pair for the final time and will not be reordering these earbuds again this is the last chance

I've noticed that after around 12 weeks of fresh out of the box usage, the right ear bud develops an issue where it is suddenly a lot quieter than the left one, Have tried everything - resetting to factory, updating, refreshing connections, etc… but have concluded it’s definitely a hardware issue.

As well as the quiet issue on the right ear bud, it also develops a high pitched popping ringing sound that pings every so often on the same quieter bud

Also the tips are rubbish the inner protective sponge has fallen out of both tips and has created some sticky residue from the protective chamber of the headset. I have even noticed at time the end must be stuck on with tape or something as theee have also come of at times and stuck to the tips. Not good at all never had this on the 2s

I am led to believe that this is a major manufacturor issues that is unheard of for Sennheiser in my experience. Very disappointing! Not sure I will
Keep these now as had them 4 months and nothing but problems. The version 2s I had for a year and a half and never had any problems.

These seem to have build quality issues.
I too have the exact same lower r/h volume and chirruping/popping sound. My previous TW2' l/h bud simply died without explanation. I am struggling to remain brand-loyal as:
Momentum 2 small ear cushions.
TW2 dead bud.
TW3 right bud problems.
This amounts to nearly £700 of lost investment.
On a positive, my Momentum 3's are a joy.

Jan 10, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #547 of 560
After three TWS 3 replacements, the store I bought them from accepted money back. First pair broke in a week, second pair was good for a month, third pair worked for about 6-9 months. There was a 5-6 week delay between all replacement devices sent for repair. All exhibited the same problem. Left or right bud goes down in volume compared to the other to about 20-30% plus a chirping sound can be heard. Disabling ANC usually brought them back to working status. But as I had paid for the ANC that was not an option. The sound quality was great so I am hopeful Sennheiser will figure out how to build these.

Jan 10, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #548 of 560
After three TWS 3 replacements, the store I bought them from accepted money back. First pair broke in a week, second pair was good for a month, third pair worked for about 6-9 months. There was a 5-6 week delay between all replacement devices sent for repair. All exhibited the same problem. Left or right bud goes down in volume compared to the other to about 20-30% plus a chirping sound can be heard. Disabling ANC usually brought them back to working status. But as I had paid for the ANC that was not an option. The sound quality was great so I am hopeful Sennheiser will figure out how to build these.

I went through two pairs in three months. Never buying wireless Sennheiser again. I doubt they've fixed anything in the upcoming MTW4.

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #549 of 560
I went through two pairs in three months. Never buying wireless Sennheiser again. I doubt they've fixed anything in the upcoming MTW4.
Well, at least on reddit, they're loudly claiming they have. Fingers crossed.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #550 of 560
The Amazon reviews on these??? Horrendous!

I returned my 3rd pair 6 months ago.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a product.

When they work, they the best at the price point. Nothing I've used since comes close...

Screenshot 2024-01-12 081105.png

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #551 of 560
The Amazon reviews on these??? Horrendous!

I returned my 3rd pair 6 months ago.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in a product.

When they work, they the best at the price point. Nothing I've used since comes close...

Screenshot 2024-01-12 081105.png
Sennheiser claims that they have investigated this and found out that most of the premature buds dying were due to battery defects and internal battery components dying unexpectedly. They say they have changed battery technology/supplier for the MTW4 and are confident that those will be much more robust and reliable in the future. We will have to take their word for now.

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #552 of 560
Sennheiser claims that they have investigated this and found out that most of the premature buds dying were due to battery defects and internal battery components dying unexpectedly. They say they have changed battery technology/supplier for the MTW4 and are confident that those will be much more robust and reliable in the future. We will have to take their word for now.
The ANC chirping issue (which is a very common issue), IMHO is caused by the cloth mesh on the inside of the ear pieces. They don't stay put, the "glue" they use dislodges/melts/ whatever wrecking ANC.

Sadly, there multiple issues with these buds.... but yes, one would expect Sennheiser to have learnt some serious lessons (financial and reputational).

Lessor brands would never survive this.

Jan 19, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #553 of 560
Left bud completely stopped working. Who/how do I contact?

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #554 of 560
Left bud completely stopped working. Who/how do I contact?
I bought a couple of days ago on ebay with the same problem as you. I watched a repair video and repaired it in 15 minutes.

It seems to me that the problem is not in the batteries, but in the charging controllers. They do not charge if the battery is discharged below a certain voltage threshold.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #555 of 560
I bought a couple of days ago on ebay with the same problem as you. I watched a repair video and repaired it in 15 minutes.

It seems to me that the problem is not in the batteries, but in the charging controllers. They do not charge if the battery is discharged below a certain voltage threshold.

Yea, I’m not going to take them apart, but thanks. It makes me a bit upset that these broke. I haven’t had them that long. Also hate that I have to pay shipping to send them to Sennheiser.

I also wish I didn’t find my gen 2 AirPods Pro to sound as bad as wet farts, I’d just use them instead. I’m not sure why all the YouTube “audiophile” reviewers think so highly of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back