Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #526 of 560
Thank you for confirmation and help about that. Tried that later yesterday, but nothing changed sound wise, but wonderful thing happened today morning after I left them to play in a drawer during the night. Bloom and smoothness are back again. :relaxed:

There is no dry notes at all and music is very much enjoyable now. You can now immediately say again that this earbuds are premium model. I will accept if that stay like this, but my audiophile experience tells me now that this must be up to the burning in process and it's not always linear curve. I somehow believe that this is the cause for drop in sound and I apologize if I mislead someone regarding this product newest firmware quality. I didn't know that burn in affect such small phones. I know my RS1 needed some 350-400 hours to sound as they should. My also Sennheiser, model 450BT took some 150 hours, but all of them had thin and edgy sound before they settled, but that this small phones also require some time to sound best, really surprising for me.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #527 of 560
Just one thing if someone don't know and if can help in some situations.

I was searching for earbuds reset procedure and find in their manual that reset occure after you place them in the case and take them out of the case after 10 seconds. It is maybe a little bit strange that earbuds reset themself every time you take them out of the case.

However, here I found something different:

https://swiftmoves.blog/fix-sennheiser-earbuds-one-side-not-working/

"Just as there may be a glitch on your phone, there can be a glitch on your earbuds. This option is a little more intense than placing your earbuds in their charging case and taking them out again.

To reset the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless earbuds, you start by plugging your charging case into the wall. Next, you place the earbuds into the case. Within 60 seconds of placing the earbuds in the case, you must touch and hold the control panel on both earbuds simultaneously for at least 6 seconds.
"

Sep 18, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #529 of 560
Yes, definitely they were truly fantastic out of the box, but latest firmware ruined the sound to the extent that you don't have enough sound quality with which there is a sense to adjust EQ or setting. It just sound totally raw and cheap.

I compared them to CX Plus few minutes ago and CX plus have much more mature sound with better clarity, which is sad.
By latest are you referring to 2.12.33 firmware?
I've been running that since i bought them (came pre-installed with that). I find the personalisation does make a big difference --- the EQ function is much more limited it seems than the weird grid thing in the personal tuning

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #530 of 560
Yes, 2.12.33, but sound is stable now and back to pre 2.12.33 signature. I am not sure if they need more, but with some 50 hours on them, I consider them to sound strange.
Nothing is harsh at all, everything is smooth and you can listen to them all day, but after few minutes I forgot that I listen to music how boring they sound. Somehow with this level of clean sound without any nasties your ears expect much more substance, so they missing many of details and snap to the music at the moment. Will give them more hours.

Sep 24, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #531 of 560
A bit of an update- Taday my right earbud started chirping at me. Obviously I expected it to be the usual issue- putty used to seam the mesh shifting within the bud, ending up covering a sensor.

So I took the ear tip off and it was clear the mesh had become dislodged. When I removed the bent mesh I found there was no putty. Now this is the reason why it is always the reason the left earbud always fails- the stick the mesh on the left bud down with putty, but not the right.

The mesh on the right appeared to be of the sticky back variety. I have no idea why they are different.

Anuway I removed the old mesh and stuck a new one down and all is good.

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #533 of 560
Five weeks and some 200 hours of play with my MTW3 pair and altough midrange tightened a little, some part of the midrange is very recessed which along with undefined and slow too rounded bass makes unfortunately very boring listen.

I tried to sort the thing with sound personalization through Senn app, but on one side with very little effect and on other side I found that turning on sound personalization affect sound q. in general and makes it worse, altough with applied freq. adjustments.

Low distortion, low noise etc. seems to be less of a problem today unlike many years before, but dynamic and rythmical sound is still relatively rare to hear in modern gear and not just headphones.

This IEM’s somehow robs the life from music which is sad as they look fantastic and work flawlessly.

I will be thankfull if someone can recommend me IEM’s (up to several hundreds € or $) which have more balanced sound with not much recessed midrange and most importantly, which are dynamic. They can be with wire too and not just bluetooth model. Just for orientation, I am Grado SR60 and RS1 fan and I like more direct, dynamic and timbraly correct less processed sounding gear. I don’t care for ANC, equilization, etc. Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:23 AM Post #534 of 560
I have at least for me surprising findings. Never tought that IEM’s would need so long to come on song.

Some 45 days from new and playing music several hours every day makes them now very good phones. Bass tightened, dynamics much improved, more details and snap and so on.

Their cohesive presentation now is so addictive for me. Case closed now. :)

Oct 27, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #535 of 560
Having had mine almost a year now, i'm very impressed how well the reveal details. Still hearing new things in songs that otherwise could only be revealed by hi-end iems. Not quite at iem levels, but so very close.

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #536 of 560
Hi all, I've just picked up a pair of these but am having issues when I try to connect to the Smart Control app on my Samsung S23 Ultra to update the firmware and enjoy the additional features. The connect in the Sennheiser Account screen is greyed out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #537 of 560
Hi all, I've just picked up a pair of these but am having issues when I try to connect to the Smart Control app on my Samsung S23 Ultra to update the firmware and enjoy the additional features. The connect in the Sennheiser Account screen is greyed out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hello 👋 Try to clear your app cache first, then re-try. DM us if you have any further issues and we can dive a little deeper.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Dec 4, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #539 of 560
I'm sticking with the Comply tips I've been using. They provide Etymotic levels of isolation with the ANC on and after tweaking the personalized sound to my liking they sound great. Comfort is also really good. This will be my preferred TWS until they fail or just die naturally hopefully years from now.
Thinking of changing the tips too. How do the comply's change the sound? I often find them to be a bit of a pain to get in, so I might get some foam-filled silicone ones instead, but comply is such a staple...

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #540 of 560
Thinking of changing the tips too. How do the comply's change the sound? I often find them to be a bit of a pain to get in, so I might get some foam-filled silicone ones instead, but comply is such a staple...
I’ve since changed back to the stock tips. The Comply tips definitely improve the isolation, but just dull down the sound overall. I used the Comply tips for a month or so, then one day went back to the stock tips and the sound improvement was immediately apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back