Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #286 of 560
Well, I have a distortion, fluttering sound problem with only 1 phone as described above. But I am writing with the Sennheiser support already. And I had this issue already with the firmware before the current one. Also it does not have to do with ANC. So forget this post :)

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #287 of 560
Well, I have a distortion, fluttering sound problem with only 1 phone as described above. But I am writing with the Sennheiser support already. And I had this issue already with the firmware before the current one. Also it does not have to do with ANC. So forget this post :)
We'll support that as well

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 7, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #289 of 560
@TIEM Not yet but the moment I find out I'll relay it here. Thx for your patience everyone!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 8, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #290 of 560
Has the ANC been improved. And what about the light breeze problem with these as it interferes with the music.

Is there transparency mode for when you on a call yet.

Thanks

Edit
Just read that there is a lot of problems with this firmware. Jesus how did this get released. With build quality problems and now this, what are scennheiser doing.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #291 of 560
Has the ANC been improved. And what about the light breeze problem with these as it interferes with the music.

Is there transparency mode for when you on a call yet.

Thanks

Edit
Just read that there is a lot of problems with this firmware. Jesus how did this get released. With build quality problems and now this, what are scennheiser doing.
ANC is very good IMHO. Not as amazing as the one on AirPods Pro 2 or the latest Bose iems. Wind is an issue with all ANC iems. You can enable the wind reduction feature while exercising and it works very well.

I have not experienced any build quality issues and I have not read complaints in this regard. Bad luck, perhaps.

The newest firmware has worked very well for me.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #292 of 560
ANC is very good IMHO. Not as amazing as the one on AirPods Pro 2 or the latest Bose iems. Wind is an issue with all ANC iems. You can enable the wind reduction feature while exercising and it works very well.

I have not experienced any build quality issues and I have not read complaints in this regard. Bad luck, perhaps.

The newest firmware has worked very well for me.
I had the Sonys and stwm2 which where much better at handling light breezes not wind., the stwm3 are bad at it and was hoping they fixed it or made it less sensitive. Plus you can not activate the wind option when it is windy outside with the touch you have to keep using the app which is silly and not well thought out.

Oct 8, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #293 of 560
I had the Sonys and stwm2 which where much better at handling light breezes not wind., the stwm3 are bad at it and was hoping they fixed it or made it less sensitive. Plus you can not activate the wind option when it is windy outside with the touch you have to keep using the app which is silly and not well thought out.
I had the Sony's. Great bass, great ANC, nice soundstage, however the lack of treble and low volume ( using Android) turned me down.

Oct 9, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #294 of 560
But one thing is irritating. When listening to one track via qobuz app in hires: "I don't mind" from Joy Crookes https://open.qobuz.com/album/ogpa6463mj3hb the voice sounds very fluttering, distorted, like the sound was clipping. On my hifi the track certainly is heavily loudness compressed, But the very deep bass and the voice are sounding clean. Does anybody else hear this?
So there seems to be a problem with my Pixel 6a. I have now tested with 3 other devices (ipad2018, BQ-Aquaris-X2-Pro, a second Pixel 6a) and with all these the mtw3 sound fine. Only with my Pixel 6a the sound is distored. (Another person confirmed this.) And also interesting: You can hear this with google Pixel Buds Pro, too. They also sound not very good with my Phone, but ok with the other Pixel 6a.
So I think I have to reset my Pixel 6a (wow, this makes me sooo happy having to restore all the settings...). Or does anbody have another idea left what I could try?

Oct 10, 2022 at 4:58 AM Post #295 of 560
So there seems to be a problem with my Pixel 6a. I have now tested with 3 other devices (ipad2018, BQ-Aquaris-X2-Pro, a second Pixel 6a) and with all these the mtw3 sound fine. Only with my Pixel 6a the sound is distored. (Another person confirmed this.) And also interesting: You can hear this with google Pixel Buds Pro, too. They also sound not very good with my Phone, but ok with the other Pixel 6a.
So I think I have to reset my Pixel 6a (wow, this makes me sooo happy having to restore all the settings...). Or does anbody have another idea left what I could try?
I have found the culprit. Certainly it was me. I'm a little embarrassed about that, but am happy having found the solution.

When I have got the Pixel 6a I have tried many settings to see what they do and what is possible to configure. There is one option that I seem to have set and forgot to disable again: "Bedienungshilfen => Audio / Audioanpassung => Mono-Audio". In English maybe "Accessibility => Audio / [Something] => Mono Audio".

After turning this off, the sound is normal. (I wonder how bad this mono mix is implemted. But this is another topic.)

Oct 13, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #296 of 560
Greetings to all!
After a week of having my MTW3 it's time for me to share my early thoughts.
First of all I love the sound signature of these little shinies! It might be because previously I was using 1more Triple Driver IEMs but I love how "direct" everything sounds and how it allows wonderfully produced albums/tracks to shine.
I also love the Anti-Air Cancellation, especially since I'm in Santorini at the moment and it really handles wind very well, as well as manages to keep them out while I'm talking on the phone, with the exceptions of wind bursts of around 7-8 Beauforts. The normal ANC kinda seems underwhelming to me though, I might have had higher expectations since I own an over the ears headphones with NC (Sony XM2s). For example I was expecting cars passing by to sound too quiet if not at all, at around 30% music volume or no music at all.Maybe that's on me though, I haven't tried any other True Wireless Buds/IEMs. I admit that while on a bus for example the engine noise was cancelled out perfectly. Transparency mode feels oh so natural so I really dig it too.
I got a couple of questions. I'm still trying different sized eartips and wingtips, I've narrowed it down mostly, but I would like to know what your process for determining the right size is. Also, would you recommended 3rd party eartips silicone or foam?
And my last question is about voice assistants. I know that triple tapping enables Google Assistant in Android and it works. What I would like to know is whether there is the option for spoken notifications or just informing where and who are the notifications from, like I used to get from my Sony XM2s .
All in all, I adore them, i don't regret getting them at all,especially at €200. I rarely get them off my ears, that's how comfortable they are for me!
Thank you for your time reading this :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #297 of 560
Mine arrived this morning.
Just tested , not impressed.
Sounds very weak, nothing special.

Sony blows em away.
Even jbl live 2 pros too.

With update firmware later.
Haven’t got Time fully test.

Will do so later.
I suspect these will be going back.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #298 of 560
so 3 hrs in from recieving the buds.

base seems weak very weak even after using equ.....

looses bluetooth connection periodically.
sound check in the app fails to work. no sound.

anc is terrible, unusable near traffic.

sound quality could be down to aptx, i have A53 5g, no adaptive.
shame really because the fit is comfy.

i dont understand why these buds are said to be top? well near top.
ive seen vids saying its better than wf-1000xm4, the sony murder it. even on aac. ldac is tops though.
oh and it also tells me right bud not connected, when it is.

will try to sort this all out over weekend then if not. back for refund.

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #299 of 560
so 3 hrs in from recieving the buds.

base seems weak very weak even after using equ.....

looses bluetooth connection periodically.
sound check in the app fails to work. no sound.

anc is terrible, unusable near traffic.

sound quality could be down to aptx, i have A53 5g, no adaptive.
shame really because the fit is comfy.

i dont understand why these buds are said to be top? well near top.
ive seen vids saying its better than wf-1000xm4, the sony murder it. even on aac. ldac is tops though.
oh and it also tells me right bud not connected, when it is.

will try to sort this all out over weekend then if not. back for refund.
I experienced the same with the original ear tips. For bass the fit is crucial. They might feel comfy, however, they do not seal properly…

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #300 of 560
I experienced the same with the original ear tips. For bass the fit is crucial. They might feel comfy, however, they do not seal properly…
Mariowar
did you return yours?
i am listening with my sony wf-1000mx4s and the sound difference is staggering. absolutly perfect.
sonys foam killed my ears to i use spinfitcp360. not perfect but lots better.
god knows what i was thinking buying momentum 3s.

my other buds jbls live 2s sond loads better.

the momentums software is awful too, bluetooth kept saying connected then not . truly awful.

waiting for amazon to email me label, then buy buy and good ridance to the momentums.
awful truly awaful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back