Sennheiser MOMENTUM True Wireless 3 Impressions Thread
Sep 27, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #256 of 560
I just tested this song via Qobuz and to my ears the Momentum 3 did an amazing job with this bassy song. I also tested it with my Airpod Max. In addition to that, I played it with Apple Music as well.
The only issue was a tiny bit of bass distortion at 0.44 seconds on both headphones /apps that do not distract for the overall experience.
I wonder if this distortion/compression comes from the recording itself.
This makes me wonder. On my mtw3 the singers voice is flattering distorted all over the whole song. I have to check if maybe I can reset the inears to factory settings. IIRC I saw such an option.

Sep 27, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #258 of 560
I thought that too, but discovered that hi-res quality significantly better. Just personal preference. But have typically used a third party equalizer and digital optimizer for past 4 years anyway. Would prefer to combine with a hi-res music service eventually.

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #262 of 560
I compared the mtw3 connected to my Pixel 6a and an iPad2018. When playing Joy Crookes „I don‘t mind“ via the iPad it sounds ok. No distortion. When playing with the Pixel 6a the sound seems broken again somehow. The same happens e.g. with Billie Eilish „&burn“. From second 40 the voice is doubled. On android this sounds fluttering. On iPad it sounds clean.

What can this be?

Also the culprit is not the qobuz app. Playing the tracks via bubbleUPnP from my NAS sounds the same.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #263 of 560
So I have listened to the MTW3 quite a lot in the last 2 days and I am really enjoying them. I have further increased the treble a bit and these really sound good to my ears now. My EQ now which I like the most is -1db bass, +1db mid, +3 treble. Also, the small size tips have improved the seal and fit for me. One thing which I don’t think gets appreciated enough is the case and buds build quality these are very premium looking buds and feel solid. I haven’t faced any bugs yet (fingers crossed).

My only complaint is the wind noise specially when I have the ANC turned on. Even a slight breeze sometimes is enough to break the immersion if you have a ceiling fan then it’s going to be super annoying. Senn please address this issue all the other buds I have tried always control the wind noise really well in anc mode.

Oct 2, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #264 of 560
Hey all! I've ordered the MTW3 from Amazon and now waiting for them to be delivered. I had decided for the Sony XM4s but cancelled them and bought those as soon as I've seen them on sale! Since they will be my first TWS , I'd like to ask as what should I expect in terms of sound quality, compared to my dying 1more Triple Drivers which are wired of course. I've decided to cut the cord since most probably my new phone will not have jack and for overall ease of use.
And finally, one more general question. If, for some reason i decide to replace those, for example, not fitting well in my ears, does amazon allow returns and refunds ??

Oct 2, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #265 of 560
Hey all! I've ordered the MTW3 from Amazon and now waiting for them to be delivered. I had decided for the Sony XM4s but cancelled them and bought those as soon as I've seen them on sale! Since they will be my first TWS , I'd like to ask as what should I expect in terms of sound quality, compared to my dying 1more Triple Drivers which are wired of course. I've decided to cut the cord since most probably my new phone will not have jack and for overall ease of use.
And finally, one more general question. If, for some reason i decide to replace those, for example, not fitting well in my ears, does amazon allow returns and refunds ??
I think that you will love the Sennheiser MTW3. I am coming from the SE846 and my current over the ears are the AirPod Max.
I cut the cord too.:)
I tried the 1 More’s at Canjam many moons ago and If my memory serves me I am positive that the Senns are just better in everything.
Make sure that you have your favorite tips available. I could not get any of the ones that came with them to fit me well. Bore size is similar to the 1 More’s.
I think that you would have end up returning the Sony’s since they have no treble at all.
In regards returns, Amazon usually allows you to do so. Make sure you order them directly from them. Otherwise, read the third party vendor’s policy.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #266 of 560
Welcome to the #MT3WClub! Big things coming for Momentum True Wireless 3 in the short term: multipoint and a high-res sound mode folded into aptX Adaptive. Enjoy!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 2, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #268 of 560
I think that you will love the Sennheiser MTW3. I am coming from the SE846 and my current over the ears are the AirPod Max.
I cut the cord too.:)
I tried the 1 More’s at Canjam many moons ago and If my memory serves me I am positive that the Senns are just better in everything.
Make sure that you have your favorite tips available. I could not get any of the ones that came with them to fit me well. Bore size is similar to the 1 More’s.
I think that you would have end up returning the Sony’s since they have no treble at all.
In regards returns, Amazon usually allows you to do so. Make sure you order them directly from them. Otherwise, read the third party vendor’s policy.
Thanks for all the info!
I went for the MTW3 instead of the Sony's because i found them at the same price and mostly because Sony's mic quality seems to be abysmal compared to those. Of course i love listening to music, can't imagine a day without listening to some tunes, but call quality is a big factor as well, so a win-win in almost every case. :)
I had the in ear wired momentums back before i got the 1mores but my bunny chewed and cut the left piece :\. As for over ears I have had the Sony XM2's since release but sadly it's impossible for me to wear over ears during the summer and generally warmer days here in Greece.
As I'm now working away from home, when i get back in two months i'm probably gonna buy myself one of the HD 600/650 along with a matching amp.
Thank you so much for clarifying about amazon as well! Can't wait till i get them on my hands :D

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #269 of 560
Won't multipoint reduce the play quality? In my understanding when there are two audio sources playing simultaneously they have to be averaged like (A+B)/2 for mixing them together?

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #270 of 560
Won't multipoint reduce the play quality? In my understanding when there are two audio sources playing simultaneously they have to be averaged like (A+B)/2 for mixing them together?
No -- MTW3's multipoint is about seamless switching between Bluetooth-capable audio devices to manage the active audio connection without manually switching on those devices (or entering pairing mode on your headphones), not sharing and blending the active audio connection.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back