Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
May 17, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,936 of 3,594
My current setup for my Momentum. I normally use ipod+HPP1 only to drive it. But recently i found by adding Glacier into the chain is noticeable better sounding. I like it much !

I put my hpp1 up for sale and I'm having 2nd thoughts about it now. I do really enjoy it with my momentums. :)

May 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,937 of 3,594
I think the hpp1 is the most friendly amp for most of easy-medium cans to drive. I love the way they reproduce the sound which has less colour and so smooth. Not to mention they also have a line out dac which i think quite usefull. :)

May 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #1,940 of 3,594
^^ Ahhh!! Doh...
size]

May 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,942 of 3,594
[size=9.5pt]Hi there, yesterday got these new [/size][size=9.5pt]babes and I have to say: they rock!!! They look fantastic (got the black/red version) and the sound signature is what I was expecting. I use these with my Sansa Clip+ and the Cowon iAudio 7 (also in red, and they look terrific together) The only thing that bothers me is that I need to turn the volume way up specially when I compare these with the Sennheiser HD 25 (Adidas version) and the Grado R60 or the AKG K450, those are the ones I use when traveling or on the go. [/size]

May 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,944 of 3,594
Quote:
Sorry for asking...but does this momentum comes in red? Or you mean the cable?
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to know you love the sound too. I think the sound is excellent for the price.

No unfortunately, they only come in black/w red cable and highlights or the standard all brown option.
You can try painting them yourself if you would like to though
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,947 of 3,594
Does anyone know what kind of full-size closed headphones will sound exactly like the Momentum?  The sound is absolutely perfect tonally but the fit is concern.  I'm going into software development and I want a single headphone for use for home and work, meaning 8+ hours a day.

How is everyone else getting along with long sessions and fit?  Is there any way to upgrade the pads to be larger?

May 19, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #1,948 of 3,594
The only one i can think of that has similar sound signature to Momentum is Senn HD650 (which is better, wider/bigger/more airy sounding). And that only if you don't mind with open cans and having higher impedance (which may require amp to make them sing). I would say momentum is being the HD650's small-closed version.

May 19, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #1,949 of 3,594
Quote:
The only one i can think of that has similar sound signature to Momentum is Senn HD650 (which is better, wider/bigger/more airy sounding). And that only if you don't mind with open cans and having higher impedance (which may require amp to make them sing). I would say momentum is being the HD650's small-closed version.

Well I need a closed can.  The Denon D600 is similar, with just slightly more sub-bass (perhaps slightly too much since I LOVE the Momentum sound), but they're much too loose fitting so hinder movement and isolation somewhat.

Any idea how the Sony MDR-1R will compare?

May 19, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #1,950 of 3,594
Actually my R1 will be arriving within next week...until then i can not give you a definite answer. However...according to a friend of mine, both has different sound signature. The Momentum is cleaner and more relaxing sound with a delicious low bass, while the R1 is tend to be more to a fun sounding headphones with more emphasize on the mid bass. But that was what my friend told me. The fitting comfort, R1 is well known being the most comfortable headphones for the size and i believe they are more comfortable than the Momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back